chapter 36

"Clair, tomorrow is your wedding day, that Maryanne definitely will not give up that easily." Duke Lune said while looking at his daughter concerningly.

Clair smiled, yesterday, she told Duke Lune to not do anything to Maryanne as she doesn't want to make a fuss about it and she doesn't have a really strong back up if she ever retaliate.

The Crown Prince might hold a grudge or executed the whole Lune family if anything ever befall to Maryanne. Plus, she is lazy to care others so why invite troubles.

She know Maryanne will definitely make a scene tomorrow so she just await and see what she wanted to do, she wanted Maryanne to ruining herself with her plans.

"It's okay father, it's going to be alright, plus, I have Kyle and all my flowers, so it's going to be okay." Clair said while patted the rough hand of Duke Lune, assuring him.

The day of the wedding had arrived, Clair, wearing her wedding dress looking like a fairy as the wind blew her hair and wedding veil gently.

All of the young man presence's heart slightly bleed as the goddess will soon get married, including the Crown Prince. It's just his ego that make him look at her scornfully.

Prince Karl look at the man sitting in his wheelchair at the stage, he glared hatefully towards that man, the third prince, Prince Kyle.

Kyle is better than him in every aspect since they were little, swordsmanship, looks, manners and even their father's affection, Kyle won him 100 times. Although a lot of people didn't know who poisoned Kyle, he know who is the culprit, it is his own mother, the Queen.

He pitied Kyle, but at the same time he felt victorious as a crippled won't have a chance at the throne, just like that, he was crowned as the Crown Prince.

Karl then look at Clair, although he hate Clair, he didn't genuinely hate her that he wanted her dead. He didn't mind taking her in as concubine to make her as bed warmer. But seeing her day by day becoming more beautiful and becoming Kyle's bride making him hate the both of them more.

He wanted to kill the both of them but the lust inside him remind him to played Clair to his heart content before killing her.

Duke Lune arrived and Clair held his arm, slowly, they walk down the aisle that was decorated with flower petals. Clair hide her hand under the flowers in her other hands and issued a snap.

Instantly, burst of refreshing rose scent covered the wedding hall. Rose, the flower of love, many people is in awe and the scent influenced their mood, looking at the beautiful couple in wedding clothes approvingly.

Both Duke Lune and Clair arrived at the stage, Duke Lune's eyes is red as he take her hands and put it in Kyle's palm. "I give my blessing to the both of you and I hope that you will be happy together, always."

Clair is moved to tears, she hugged Duke Lune and whispered thank you gratefully. Kyle patted her hand and Duke Lune left them and go to the side of the stage.

Surprisingly, the one conducting the marriage is the emperor, he stood there all smiling with joy and proud. He look at Clair and nodded approvingly, seems like rumours can't be easily trusted.

"Will you, Prince Kyle Liddon, take Clair Lune, as your wife, always love each other till the end of your life, never betrayed each other and will grow old together?"

The emperor voice sounded in the whole wedding hall , cleared to every audience. "I do!" Kyle answered confidently and firmly without any hesitation.

"Will you, Clair Lune, take Prince Kyle Liddon, as your husband, always love each other till the end of your life, never betrayed each other and will grow old together, also, protect the country together with Prince Kyle?"

The emperor look at her, Clair was stunned as there are extra words for her, but she quickly composed herself and nodded, "I do!"

"Exchange rings!" The emperor nodded, satisfied with her manner. Both Clair and Kyle take out a ring box and they exchange their rings, putting it on each others ring finger.

"You may now, kiss the bride!" As soon as the emperor finish his word, Kyle immediately pulled Clair by her waist and make her sit on his lap, before Clair could composed herself, her lips had been attacked by Kyle's sexy lips.

The emperor smiled warmly at the both of them, 'I hope that you can find happiness from her, son, I'm sorry I can't shower you much love as a father and I'm sorry that I'm the reason you lost your mother at a young age.'

Kyle released her lips and Clair is now panting softly with her face tinted red. "I waited for too long, my princess." Kyle whispered softly at her ear which make Clair felt her body turn slightly hot and shivered from his breath in her ear.

"Erhem, there's still banquet, my child." The emperor said softly, enough for the both of them to hear. Clair bite her lips, embarrassed and leave Kyle's lap while Kyle just grinning ear to ear.

At a corner of the wedding hall, a girl is clenching her teeth with hatred while twisting her handkerchief in hands, the handkerchief slightly tore, and as the bride and groom kissed, the handkerchief successfully tore into half.

"You bitch dared to take my chosen man. I'll ruined to tonight and make you lose face, I will never let you have him, he's mine!" Maryanne cursed through her clenched teeth, she was initially grounded and didn't get permission to come.

But after persuasion and acting good in front of her father, he let her come with the belief that she had realised her wrong doings and changed. Unbeknown to hik, Maryanne never thought that she is wrong, so why would she change?

The bride and groom went into a imperial carriage, heading to the palace where the banquet is held following the emperor carriage, the followed by Duke Lune's carriage and the other noble's carriage.

Maryanne smirked evilly while imagining Clair's miserable face as her plot succeeded, 'then, both Crown Prince and Third Prince would be mine!' she laughed evilly in her heart while displaying a gentle and warm smile to her father sitting in front of her in the Smith manor's carriage.