Chapter 1

"Warghh! Damn my back hurts as hell! How long have I've been seating here?" Claire Luna yawn while stretching her sore body. A clear droplets of tears can be seen seeped out from her bright phoenix eyes.

"Hey Sophy, what time is it now?" Claire tilt her head to the side towards a girl that wears a big round glasses that covered almost half of her face.

"It's currently 12.50 a.m. It's just midnight, are you tired already?" Sophy nudged her glasses while looking at her watch.

Claire pouted when she heard Sophy's words. "Aww, you know I'm not an all nighter like you, I can't get used to burn midnight oil, Damn it! I hate exams!" Claire slammed her books on the study table while grumbled , feeling dissatisfied and miserable.

"Oh my god, shut up! This is public library, not your house, we want to studh too!" A frustrated voice rang in suddenly giving Claire a fright, she gulped and looked into the direction of the voice.

"Ehehe, sorry, I'll shut up." Claire quickly buried her face in the books placed on the tables, exactly, she is in a public library, how can she forget that. Her cheek and ears started to heat up due to the embarassment she felt.

Sophy glanced at Claire and smirked, 'serve you right, see if you are going to make trouble again, I brought you here for good as you said you wanna join me for burning midnight oil, it's good enough you didn't make me get kick out with you' , she thought in her heart, while sighing softly, she went back to her study mode.

Claire looked at the textbook in front of her with a furrowed brows. Flip, she skip a page. Flip, flip, flip, she skip a few page. Flip, flip, flip, flip... Bang! Claire closed the textbook with a frustrated face.

Sophy who got startled by that looked at her childhood friend and currently her roommate and classmate beside her with a strange expression. 'Not even 5 minutes pass by' she grumbled.

Claire just grinned at Sophy when she noticed that disdain look she gave her. Yup, disdain, she got that look from Sophy everytime an activity involved the word 'study' occured to both of them.

"I'm going to get some snack from the convenience store nearby first, you want anything?" Claire stood up slowly , trying hard avoid the chair making any loud noise.

Sophy knew this is coming and can only sigh softly, she glanced to her book before looking back at Claire while softly answered "as usual". Claire grinned again, and wink at her, saying 'it's my treat'.

Sophy saw her wink and thought for a bit then softly added, "onigiri, tuna." Then, she went back to study.

Claire nodded and left the library, heading to the 24/7 convenience store in front of the library. She blew her hands and rubbed them together to produce some warmth as the cold breeze pass her.

Claire suddenly remembered her wallet and stopped in front of the store's entrance while fiddling her coat, trying to search for her wallet.

Suddenly, she heard some noises nearby and turned to that direction to found a guy dresses in white standing in the middle of the road.

'Huh? What is he doing in the middle of the road , wearing all white like that, trying to play ghost and scare people is it?' Claire looking curiously at the guy.

Suddenly, the guy let out a terrifying laugh and sharply looked at Claire while taking out a kitchen knife. Claire saw it and gulped hard 'Oh no', her little heart cried and she take a step back.

"You're not going away!" The guy started running to her while laughing like a madman. Claire got startled and start running in her 2 inch casual heels. 'Damn heels' Claire cursed while running with a paled face.

The laugh behind her get closer and closer which make her more and more frightened. Finally, Thud! Claire's eyes open wide and felt a heartshattering pain behind her.

'What's with the flying knife, do you think this is throwing daggers?' Claire fall to the ground slowly amd blood started to damped her entire back.

'What's with my life, I died by the roadside in the middle of the night with no one close to me by my side, not even a single handsome guy for me to see last before I close my eyes, huh!' Claire grumbled, frustrated.

Claire glanced at the incoming madman, noticing his white clothes is the one like the hospital's, and a tag on his hand with a hospital logo  can be seen. 'I see, a madman, humph! Not even good looking' Claire rolled her eyes with her last bit of energy.

'Damn it, Sophy is going to be so lonely I died like this, never mind, atleast I can escaped my exams. Goodbye world! Let me die in peace!'

Slowly, Claire closed her eyes and her vision started to become a complete darkness. When... 'Ouch! I already died! Why you wanna hurt my eyes again? You stupid do- eh?'