chapter 37

"Stop pestering me, you're a prince and it's your wedding, you need to greet the guests." Clair trying to push away the hands on her waist but he owner of the hand did not budge at all instead, he tighten his arm on her waist while grinning big.

"It doesn't matter, they are not important, what's important is my wife, hm.. If it's not father's wishes, I would have brought you out of here and back to my place." Kyle said while his finger tracing her waist.

Clair slightly shivered by the sensation and her face heated. "Pervert! There's a lot of people here! It's embarrassing!" Kyle just grinned.

"Well, I can't do anything, I had to do my best and keep father in law my promises." He said while pulled the standing Clair to sit on his lap.

"Promise? What did you promise him?" Clair asked, she never heard about it? "Um, I promised him to quickly give him grandchilds to accompany him."

Clair slightly choked on her saliva and stared at Kyle wide eyed. "Wh-what? Did you promised it blindly or what?" Her rosy face make her look cute and make Kyle's heart fluttered.

"It's father in law that wanted me to promise him that. The one I requested myself is I will grant him a lot of grandchilds till he say stop." Kyle grinned teasingly while kissed her cheek.

"Y-you! Both of you! How dare you guys didn't ask for my permission!" Clair glared at Kyle and turn her head, pouted, showing that she is angry.

"Why? Don't you wanted a child?" Kyle asked her worriedly, 'why did my dear wife angry? Did she not wanted a child?' He panicked inside.

"It's not that.. It's just, I wanted to spend time..with you..alone..more. Having a child too early in our marriage, might lessen our time together." Clair said shyly, she didn't dare looked at the glowing eyes that glowed brighter and brighter staring at her.

"Stop staring, people are watching, it's embarrassing!" Clair pushed Kyle's face and stood up. Kyle grinned like the happiest man in the world, completely opposite to her rumoured cold, aloof, serious and mature character.

Nise standing at the corner with Lance, guarding them from afar, 'As expected of mistress, only she can make that kind of expression and character of our master.' Both of them thought silently. There's a tiny figure of themselves holding a banner written 'ClairXKyle' cheering joyously at their mind.

"Greetings, your highness the third prince and princess, congratulations on your wedding." A sweet voice sounded and both Clair and Kyle look at the voice, Maryanne was standing there smiling warmly while her side is the Crown Prince.

"Thankyou Miss Maryanne, I heard your marriage is one month later, make sure to invite us by then." Clair answered, she saw the disgusted face Kyle had while looking at Maryanne and the despised look Prince Karl had while looking at her. 'Great' she thought.

"Of course!" Maryanne chuckled with her professional angelic face, her voice and expression could make a lot of man fall in love but Kyle's face is just funny as he trying hard not to gag while showing his business smile.

Maryanne look at Kyle and a flash of light appeared and disappeared when she saw the gentle smile Kyle gave her. She cheered in her heart and nudged the crown prince beside her with a smile that make the crown prince crazy.

Prince Carl can't do anything with Maryanne showing thag smile of her so he sighed and look at Kyle. "Brother, let's go over there, I needed to talk to you for a little."

Kyle frowned and look at Clair, he smells something wrong and he doesn't want to leave her alone but the Karl had pushed him away before he could say anything, he can't retaliate now as in the eyes of the crowds, he is a weakly prince.

"Clair, congratulations on your wedding! I didn't expect you to have your wedding earlier than me." Maryanne look at Clair with despised.

Clair smiled, inside, she sneered at Maryanne. "Oh well, since you're married to the third prince now, I'll let you go since you can't take away the crown prince from me now. Let's have a toast and ended our bantered."

Maryanne take two glasses of wine from a servant and handed one to Clair. Clair stared at the drink suspiciously, the drink is taken from the palace servant and Maryanne had one too.

There are no weird smells coming from the drink so she eased herself and drank a sip, she still felt uneasy with the way Maryanne acted so she didn't want to finish the drink.

"Are you afraid of me poisoning you? Relax, I won't, not until you enjoyed your night today." Maryanne laughed and left. Clair stood there and squinted her eyes.

The wine that she stored at her mouth finally spitted out back. Although she did that, the taste of the drink is still in her mouth.

"Are you okay? Did she do anything?" Kyle come back immediately after saying a words or two with Carl just now. He is worried about Clair.

"I don't know, but I think something is wrong with this drink." Clair frowned and stared at the glass of wine in her hand. 'It's from the palace and taken from a servant, how did she do something to the drink? But I'm sure something is of with the taste, it taste a lot more sweeter that regular wine.'

At the corner, Maryanne observe the two's every movement while cleaning her nails, just now when she take the drink, she had dipped the tip of her nail that covered with a odorless powder at the drink before handing it to Clair. She smirked, 'I'll let you be a slut and have fun all night long tonight, ofcourse not with the third prince.'

"Lance, take the glass to the physician and let him examine it, Clair, let's have you go back and rest first, it's about the end of the banquet anyway." Kyle handed the glass of wine in Clair's hand to Lance and asked Nise to take Clair back to his place.

On her way, Clair started to feel weak and hot in her body. She is sweating and her vision's become hazy. "Nise...hot.. help.." Clair called out to Nise that is sitting at the driver seat.

"Mistress, what hap-" before she could finished, 20 over man wearing black cloak jumped out surround the carriage. One of the man slashed the horse and the carriage immediately stopped.

Nise drew her short sword that she hid at her thigh and take out a pen like rod, she pulled the end of the rod and a red light shoot to the sky.

"Shit! She called back up, killed her and take that bitch inside away!" The man that killed the horse shouted and all of them moved. Inside the carriage, Clair smelled the smell of the assassin outside but her whole body didn't have the energy to move.