Chapter 3

At the entrance, a handsome and well built middle-aged man came in, he has a same coloured hair as Claire now, a reddish black colour. A domineering and respectful air of noble exuding from his appearance to his temperament, fitting the word 'most respectable noble'.

"Duke Lune, I didn't expect you to be here." the guy squinted his eyes while eyeing the man called Duke Lune walking towards Claire. Claire rooted there as she seizing the mand walking to her. 'Lune? He is this body's father?'

"Of course, apparently, someone had the audacity to captured this duke daughter to be throwned into the dungeon, your Higness Prince Carl, who is it?" Duke Lune, saying those words calmly and leisurely like sipping tea, but a dangerous gleam flash in his eyes when he ask the question at the last.

"Duke Lune, remember your status and respect this prince, who do you think you are." Prince Carl looked at Duke Lune coldly. His hand hide Anne behind him.

"Your highness, if you think you status is higher than mine, you're wrong, according to the emperor's decree, this duke position is second only to the emperor, even if you are the crown prince, your Higness, your position is still below than mine." Duke Lune smirk while touching his chin.

Prince Karl squinted his eyes then glared murderously at Claire before he shout "let's go" and broughg his guards and Anne away. 'What's wrong with this guy, you can't win against him then you actually glared at me?' Claire complained inside with a dark expression.

"Why did you always mess with that Smith girl? You know the crown prince pampered her so much and her family backing is strong, you plot even failed. What am I gonna do with you?" Duke Lune sighed angryly and frowned.

"I- " Claire felt dissatisfied and wanted to refute but Duke Lune raised his hand, stopping her. "No excuses, you never listen, do it properly if you want to do it and don't do it if you can't. Stop bringing shame to the Lune family!" Duke Lune sighed again and left Claire alone with a guard of Duke Lune.

"Miss, let's go back to the mansion." the guard speak respectfully. Claire nodded and walked slowly followed Duke Lune. 'First thing je did is scold you and not asking you if you are okah, poor you' Claire felt like crying but she bit his lips and forced her tears to begone.

---In the Lune's mansion---

Claire looked into the mirror and saw a girl with a reddish black hair same as Duke Lune, bandaged at her head and half of her face, the other half is a face of a pretty girl. She closed her eyes and think deeply.

Clair Lune, a name she is familiar with, a name from her favourite novel during her childhood due to this name similar to her name, Claire Luna.

'A transmigration huh?' Claire thought and smiled as she touch a face, a hint of sorrow and sadness flash in her bright eyes.

She remembered the story, the protagonist, Maryanne Smith, the girl just now, is the heroine in this story and her herself, Clair Lune labelled as the villain, is actually someone innocent and mild, never plotting and scheming, but always at the receiving end. The heroine was described as someone brave, smart, always win against the villain and whatsoever.

But little did someone know, the heroine actually just randomly accused and fight a so called villain just to make her a stepping stone in earning the care, love and pampered from other character and Clair Lune is the chosen one.

Many didn't notice this fact, but she did, Claire did. And because of that, she cried the whole day thinking about how Clair had to died getting execution when Maryanne successfully become the Empress.

Claire opened her eyes and looked again at her reflection in the big beautifully carved mirror. She let out a light chuckle,remembering her words during that time saying in her next life, she wanted to go and help Clair Lune to change her life to a better one.

'I really did huh. Now, I'm you, so I shall did my promise to you.' Claire closed her eyes, and when she opened her eyes again, a look of determination appear in her eyes . 'I shall live as Clair Lune now!' she stood and when to the glass window.

She glanced at the study table nearby, 'I shall do my planning to lead a new life, if I suffered harassment from that pig head here everyday, then that means, I shall leave this place!' She looked back outside the window and a smile blossomed on her alluring lips.

'Yes, away from here, free and happy, without worry.' Clair sit at the study table and pulled the rope calling servant in, her personal maid, Alicia came in.

"Yes miss?" Alicia bowed respectfully . "Can you tell me all the countries and villages in this kingdom? I'm bored and I wanted to know about it." Clair make up an excuse without minding whether it make sense or not.

"I'm sorry miss, this servant does not know much, but I can take some books that recorded all of the countries and villages in this kingdom for miss." Alicia answered.

Clair thought a little and nodded with a 'hum' sound, Alicia immediately bowed and went out, not long later, she came in with a few books.