Chapter 7

Clair stood before the high and sturdy wall of Lune mansion, she looked up to her balcony and a flash of reluctant pass her eyes. 'No, I must be determined!' Clair closed her eyes and sighed.

As she opened her eyes, she take out a box of matches and oil. She smeared the end of the rope with oil and light a matchstick . Just as the match about to touch the rope...

"Oh my, what do we have here, 'a rabbit'? " A voice come from behind, frightened Clair and making her burn her finger. "Agh! Ouch!" Clair shouted.

She glared furiously behind her while fanning her hand that burnt by the fire. She saw a man with a handsome feature wearing a black clothes looking at her with a smile.

"Are you trying to kill people? You scared me, you rat!" She shouted at the guy and the guy had a dumbfounded and amused expression.

"Calm down , I'm sorry okay. Plus, I had a name, okay. You're the first to call me rat." The guy chuckled and looked at the box of matches in her hands.

"What are you trying to do with those? Plot on someone? If you don't mind, I can help, I like to see someone suffered especially in the hands of someone like you." He asked excitedly while rubbing his hands, seemingly trying to beat someone.

"What? No! Who are you anyway, shoo, don't meddle with my business." Clair glared at him once again and turned back, she successfully light up another matchstick and burn the rope.

She watched as the rope burnt bit by bit and draped a cloak from her luggage on herself and hooded herself before grab her luggage, turning, ready to leave the place.

"Wargh! You! What are you doing here? Why have you not leave?" Clair patted her chest trying to calm down , as she got scared once again by this guy in front of her.

The guy looked at her with a raising eyebrow and smiled. "Why would I leave?"

"Why would you not?" Clair rolled her eyes and walked pass him. The guy chuckled and catch up to her and walked by her side.

'What's wrong with this guy?' Clair glanced at him side way and she increased her speed but the guy beside her followed by.

"Oh my god! What do you want from me exactly?" She stopped and looked at the guy. The guy stopped and smiled at Clair. "Follow you of course." He answered confidently.

Clair gave him a strange look, "A strange man suddenly followed an unmarried woman, don't you have any moral?" The guy laughed , "An unmarried woman runaway from home, don't you have any moral?"

Clair averted her gaze, flustered and her cheek become rosy red , the colour was so obvious under the luminous of the bright moon. She looked so pretty that the guy stared at her face, dumbfounded.

"Th-That's none of your business!" Clair shouted and quickly turned away and continue walking, faster than just now.

The guy snapped back to reality and immediately followed her again. "The name is Kyle, and yes, following you is also my business."

"What? But your business involved me, so I have the right to mind it! And, I-I didn't say I wanted to know your name." Clair said while turned the gaze to anywhere except the guy beside her.

"Well, how can I say it. I followed you because I'm interested in you? Is that acceptable?" Kyle smiled and bent his body forward to catch a look if her face.

"Wh-What are you talking about!" Clair face flushed more radiantly, embarassed by his words, she stepped back when his face appeared in front of her.

Kyle saw her face and become dumbfounded once again, his heart suddenly raced and thumping loudly, his surrounding become quiet and the thing that clear is only the girl in front of him.

Clair avoided his eye contact and cover her face. "Stop staring." She muttered softly, but enough to be heard by Kyle. His heart skipped a beat and become warm.

"Erhem, I must say, you're adorable." He said while his hand covered half of his face, prevent her see the hint of red on his face and ears.

"Stop talking nonsense!" Clair shouted and pulled her hood to cover her face. "If you want to follow me, stop spouting nonsense!" Clair muttered softly.

A warm and happy smile blossomed on Kyle's face and he nodded with a "En!"

Like that, both of them walked under the moolight peacefully. Unbeknown to them, a halo of warmth surround them and making a peaceful and heart touching view.

"I'm Clair, by the way." Clair talked softly. She looked at the other side, rather than looked at Kyle. Kyle smiled when he saw this, "I know."

After walking for 15 minutes, they arrive at the big street of the market Clair went at the morning. Clair went to a shop that rent carriage and asked for a carriage and a driver.

"Where are we going anyway?" Kyle asked while helped Clair carry her luggage into the carriage. He had been carrying the luggage since Clair allowed him to follow her.

"Drabel Village." Clair answered shortly and enter the carriage, followed by Kyle. After a while, the carriage started moving.

"Why Drabel?" Kyle asked, curious.

Clair glanced at him and closed her eyes, "It's a free zone territory and away from here. I won't be found easily and no eyes or informants eyeing me there. Shh, I'm sleepy." She muttered the last words softly and slowly drifted into her dream lands.

Kyle looked at her and smiled, "I must say , girl. You're so defenseless and uncautious. Are you not afraid I harbored ill intention?" He went near her and hugged her, letting her sleep in his warm embrace.

Clair felt the warmth and snuggled to find a comfortable place and sleep well.

Suddenly, a thud sound softly heard from outside the carriage.