chapter 29

Clair stood silently in the bathtub. A maid is washing her hair, another doing her nails and another one massaging her arms.

The maids looks excited and diligently doing their work, their action is careful as to prevent hurting their young miss.

However, Clair is sighing and had a sad expression all the time, making the maids puzzled. After bath, Clair went to her room and realized several maids is holding a few dresses.

"Miss, which dress would you like to wear?" Clair look at those flashy and complicated dresses. 'That must be freaking heavy.' she thought, as she had been wearing commoner clothes and casual summer outfit, those dresses in the maids hands looks and feels really heavy.

She walked to her wardrobe and open it. She scanned all the dresses in her wardrobe before take out a plain white summer outfit with blue rose pattern, the outifit is light and thin and comfortable.

It's about the same as the one she wore this morning, only that this dress here is more formal and elegant compare to the casual outfit this morning.

"I'll wear this, it's summer, heavy dress is suffocating." She said, the maid is puzzled but hearing her explaination, they come to an understanding and proceed to dress her and do her hair.

Clair is a person that doesn't like to grab attention so she rarely dress up even when going to events, still people noticed her as her beauty is unconcealable no matter what she wear.

Now, she dressed up, do her hair and even had some lipstick and blusher on, so her angelic beauty now become a out of the world beauty which no one can ever effort to have.

Even all the maids is lovestruck and some even had a nosebleed which finally make Clair understand why they had a nosebleed.

"Miss, do you want to wear these accessories?" Mina asked, although she is lovestruck as well, but as she is Clair's personal maid and had seen her everyday, her heart had been trained to become more stronger.

"Hm, let's leave the accessories, they're annoying." Clair said. "Miss, you can't do that, you have to atleast have one accessories." Mina said.

"Fine, I'll just wear these earrings here, grab me the gloves I bought yesterday." Clair said while picking up a pair of earrings, the earrings is simple but elegant and a flower shaped pink jewel hanged on the earrings.

After put on the white lace gloves, she then walk to the carriage from third prince manor that arrived not long ago.

Mina helped her up and the carriage started moving, the guards told Clair that third prince wanted her to come alone so she can't brought her maid.

After about 30 minutes, the carriage stopped in front of the third prince manor. Clair sighed and sit there, not budging.

A butler came and knock on the carriage door, "Miss, please come out, His Higness had been waiting for you."

Clair sighed again and slowly got out of the carriage. 'Tsk, I'm going to kick his ass and ask him to annul the engagement, Kyle.. Where are you?'

She slowly followed the butler absent mindedly, her expressions is sad. Approaching the garden, her face slowly lighten up when she smell something familiar.

'It's Kyle's scent! Is he here to save me?' She look around but saw so one nearby. A certain someone wearing a mask saw the girl look around then instantly rembered her abilities.

He take out a perfume spray that last temporary and spray on his body. Like that, his scent gradually covered by the perfume.

Clair walked a bit more before saw a guy wearing a fancy prince like clothes while wearing a mask and sitting on a wheelchair. She 'Tch' in her heart before went in front of the guy and bowed to him.

"Your highness, I am Clair Lune." Clair said, she frowned a little when she smelled a strong perfume smell from him, it was...awful.

"Rise and sit." the third prince said after back from his daze as he is captivated by her beauty. 'She looks so much prettier after dressing up and put on make up.' He thought in his heart.

Clair stood up straight and sit down across him at the tea table. There are various types of desserts on the table and one looks more tasty than another one.

As a dessert and snacks lover, Clair's eyes brighten up and the third prince, or Kyle that saw the changes in her eyes chuckled.

"Feel free to eat it all, it's all for you." He deepened his voice a little bit than his normal voice. But then he saw suddenly saw the frown at her.

"Are you okay? Are you feeling unwell? You're frowning." He asked, concerned. Clair had an controlled angry look on her face.

Kyle tilted his head and curious why the girl in front of him suddenly get mad, did he get caught? No way, the perfume should stayed until night.

But, Kyle underestimated Clair, as a mage that have a forest element and scent is her best stand, she had manipulated the scent of perfume and dispelled it when she is bowing.

So, now all that left is Kyle's scent and that guy still acting innocent like he didn't do anything wrong. Clair squinted her eyes and gave him the silent treatment.

"Eh? Why are you not answering, did this prince do anything wrong." Kyle started panicked when he was given a weird look and silent treatment.

"You- erhem, Your Higness the Third Prince seems to have a peculiar taste in perfume, it's... strong that it made me uncomfortable." She spoke slowly while sipping her tea.

"Eh? Is it too strong? I didn't think so, and I think it smells nice." Kyle smelled his body, it still smells like the perfume.

"It taste like alcohol and I don't like it. And you forgot that I had a strong sense of smell and can manipulate scents. Clair look at Kyle after putting down her cup.

Kyle gulped as he understand what she meant. 'Shot, I got caught.'