Chapter 8

"Who is it?" Kyle asked softly, afraid that he waked the girl in his embrace.

"It's me, your Highness." a masked man entered the carriage through the carriage's window. He looked at the girl in his master's embrace before bowed respectfully.

"It's you, Lance. Have you done what I've told you?" Kyle asked while fiddling Clair's hair.

"Yes. The guild is currently searching for evidences , don't worry." Lance answered softly, enough for his master to heard to avoid disturbing the girl's sleeps.

"Goodjob, any news?" Kyle asked again while looking at Lance.

"Yes, the emperor is currently searching for a candidate to be engaged to your Highness, and the crown prince asked the engagement to be delayed until his marriage. And the Lune mansion is currently in a mess as their miss is missing."

Lance glanced again at the girl sleeping peacefully then looked back down.

"Delay till his marriage? Obviously he is afraid me, the third prince conveyed the throne. Heh, what a stupid brother. " Kyle sneered and looked at the girl in his embrace.

"Why do they search for you this early. I want to spend time with you longer." Kyle stroke Clair's cheeks that is so smooth and soft, makin him wanted to kiss and take a bite.

"Lance, take over the carriage and compensate the driver, drive as fast as you can to Drabel, avoid any inspection and big roads." Kyle ordered and Lance went out after nodded.

The carriage stopped for a moment before moving again at a fast speed. Kyle hugged Clair tightly and carefully, avoid her get awoken from the bumpy road.

---

A knock sounded at the door making Duke Lune looked up, his expression revealed distress and concern, his appearance appeared messy making him look a few years older.

"Anything?" Duke Lune quickly stood up and asked when he saw his personal bodyguards, Henry came in.

"Forgive this servant, master. There's no news about miss yet." Henry answered while bowing.

Those words is like a thunder to Duke Lune, he sat back down heavily and massaged his temple, heavy sighed could be heard.

"Okay, leave me alone." Duke Lune speak softly and Henry leave the room after giving a respectful bow.

Duke Lune take out a picture of a woman from a drawer of his study table. The woman in the picture looked like Clair but appeared more mature, her eyes sparkled as if there is light, in her arms is a baby girl with a laughing cheerful face.

"Rose, our child left home, she looked angry when I met her this morning, did I do anything wrong? Is she angry with me? Rose, tell me what should I do, you leave us suddenly like that, I don't even know how to take care of our child."

Duke Lune hugged the picture and a sad tears slowly flowed , damping his cheeks. Suddenly, an owl flew to his window and called out.

Duke Lune stared at the owl curiously and realize a container with a symbol attached to it's leg. He get up and untied the container from the owl's leg.

The owl immediately flew away after the container is untied from it's leg. Duke Lune sat back down and observed the symbol on the container.

'Isn't this the most powerful and mysterious informants guild?' He thought, then immediately open the container , a note came out and he read the sentence in it. 'She's safe, don't worry.'

Duke Lune stared at the sentence blankly, he felt relieved but at the same time he is confused. 'I didn't ask for their help, so why... Is it because she is with them?'

Duke Lune become more and more certain with his thought and immediately felt relieved as she is safe. He called in his guards and told them to stop searching, just obtain information secretly to know her whereabout.

Duke Lune is not worry because he knows that the guild is not their enemies and he personally had met the head of the guild which is a good looking young man, he is a smart person with mild temper and he work with justice.

---

"Is the wound still there?" Kyle asked while touching the bandage on Clair's face.

Clair's readily red cheek after waking up become more red when she felt his touch. She back away a bit and turned away her face.

She was so embarrass when she woke up in his embrace with his head on her forehead. His lips almost touched her forehead makinh their position more awkward.

She immediately jumped out and ended up fall from her seat. Thinking about it again, her face heated up more and she covered her little face with her hands.

Kyle laughed when he saw this, he grabbed her hands softly and bring it down so that he could see the face that made his heart race.

Clair didn't have the strength to resist so her hands easily being brought down, she didn't dare look him in the eye so she turn her gaze to her side.

Kyle smiled and slowly tugged her hair to the back of her ear and lean in, their distance immediately closed up making Clair slightly flinched.

"You're cute, your face is alluring and your reaction is seducing me." Kyle whispered. Clair shivered when she felt the warm air blew to her ears making them redder.

Clair accidentally made eye contact with Kyle and her body went soft, she looked down and bumped her head to his shoulder. Her heart thumped loudly like it was about the burst out.

"Stop.. You're making me crazy, I might died because of excessive blood rush." She spoked weakly, her voice sounded hoarse and alluring, making Kyle enticed and blood started to rush to a certain part at his lower body.