chapter 30

"I didn't know that I would get caught that easily." Kyle take off his mask and chuckled awkwardly, he avoided the burning glare from the girl sitting opposite him.

"And I didn't know till when you want to hide it from me." Clair sip her unfinished tea, but her death glare never once left his body.

"Er, I wanted to surprise you?" Kyle scratched the back of his neck, he glanced at the girl timidly ans avoid her glare again.

"Did you know I about to ask you to annul the engagement and almost plan for your death if ever you defy it?" Clair said carefreely but Kyle can't help felt the chill behind his back and immediately had a goosebumps.

"Do you really have to do that?" Kyle asked timidly, he know he is wrong and he doubt that Clair is joking as he know she is capable of doing that, killing him in silence.

Thinking back how those man in black cloak died before, he subconsciously gulped and prayed that he never get on to her bad side.

"Huh, I had devoted my heart to a certain Kyle, why would I succumbed to the emperor and married to a certain prince I never met and know?" Clair sighed and finally retracted her glare.

Kyle finally relaxed after she retracted her gaze but more important to that he was too happy that his face showed a funny expression when he heard his words.

"Don't worry, I'll never mistreat you and I'll will loved and cared for you with my whole life and heart." Kyle rushed to her and held her hands, his eyes sparkled with determination.

"Stop, there're people watching. Plus, aren't you supposed to be crippled? Wouldn't you suddenly stood up and running and kicking caused a heart attack to them?" Clair look sideways and hide her red face.

"People? Isn't it's just the two of us here?" He asked, he had told the butlers and maids to went far away so that they can have privacy.

"There, there, and there..." Clair innocently pointed at the nearby hidden guards that is hiding and concealing their presence, they are expert in concealing their presence and breath so to be pointed and exposed by a mere girl make them paled with fright and shame.

Lance that is one of the people being pointed at look at his subordinate and saw their face immediately become happy. 'I'm not the only one suffering from shame!'

"Hey Lance, it's been a while since we last met, I see you had change your cologne, you still smells awful though." Clair pointed at the position Lance hid in and speak like casual friend without filter her words.

"Pfft-" a few laughter sounded and Lance can't help have a dark expression.

"Miss, can you save me some faces and not embarrassed me?" Lance said helplessly. Even Kyle can't control his laughter.

"Huh? Why? You still smelled better than most of them though, don't worry, I just adviced that you change your cologne, it doesn't suit you." Clair said while rubbing her chin.

Now all the hidden guards is silence while Lance and Kyle laugh. Clair look at them while thinking 'What's wrong with this people? Did I say something funny?'

She shrugged and carry on her snack eating. Kyle's mouth twitched when he witnessed the girl in front of him wolfed down all the snacks like there is no end in her stomach.

"Eat less, there is still dinner later." Kyle said while wiping the crumbles of cookies at her cheeks. The hidden guards all gasped in disbelief and Lance only sighed in his heart. Wondering what if they witnessed something more bizarre later.

"Don't worry, snacks and desserts is in different part, there's still space for dinner." Clair answered childishly while winked to Kyle. The only time she become this childish and carefree is when she is happy from eating her favourite things.

Kyle shook his head helplessly but his eyes hold tenderness and gentleness he never showed to others before. "Oh yeah, where is Sakura? I missed her, did you not summoned her out?" he asked.

In fact, he actually only missed being called 'Papa!' while looking at the embarrassed look on Clair. He can't wait to have the girl give birth to his child.

His face turned slightly red and he immediately covered it with his hand , he can't believe he started imagining indecent things with her while she is sitting in front of him.

"Sakura? I didn't want the people in the manor suspected anything is I suddenly brought a little girl with me that appeared out of nowhere so she is inside my mana field this whole time. Do you want to meet her?"

"Well, since she likes candies and sweet, might as well let her out and let her enjoyed herself." Kyle answered. Clair thought and nodded, soon a little girl in pink appeared from the thin air.

"Papa! Thank you for preparing all this for me and letting me out! I like you the best!" Sakura immediately wolfed down the sweets and desserts on the table the same mannered as Clair did.

Kyle chuckled, he thought that if they would have a daughter, it would be the same attitude as Sakura.

He silently watched the two eating happily while sipping his tea, while the hidden guards except Lance was shocked silly by the presence of the little girl and her words.

In the Smith manor, Maryanne is throwing fit again in her room, sounds of vases and glasses being crushed when thrown to the floor echoed in the room.

"Damn that slut! How could she deserved to marry a prince! I must take her down immediately before she seduced more man! All of the guy in this world should only loved me and only me! I'll take back what's mine from the third prince. Just wait, you slut!"

Maryanne laughed evilly while the hidden guard send by Lord Smith to monitor his daughter reported her words to Lord Smith.

"What a disgraceful daugter! Find out her plans and stopped it no matter what!" He said angrily, his daughter is losing control and sanity, she had no way to return back if she hurt Miss Clair or the third prince.