chapter 20

Both Kyle and Clair arrived at the edge of the forest near the city. After retracting the barrier spell. They walk to the city streets side by side.

Clair was looking at those streets with sparkling eyes. Kyle at her side was thinking that she is just being excited to see the festival at the streets for the first time as a noble lady only celebrated festival in the palace.

But he is partially wrong, Clair is indeed excited, but she is excited as she missed the street foods that she loves during her past life and she is trying to find those foods here in the festival.

Her eyes glimmered when she spotted her target, corndog! A cheezy one even! She subsconciously grab Kyle's sleeve and dragged him to the stall.

"I'll take three please, sir." Clair spoke while taking out the purse that she always brought anywhere.

"Three? Whose for the other one?" Kyle asked. Clair glanced at him before answered him with her finger pointing at herself then showed to him her hands with two fingers stick up .

The young man that work as stallkeeper can't help become astonished , 'isn't girl suppose to be more conservative about eating when accompany by a guy?' he thought to himself.

Kyle is too, astonished but then he shrugged and chuckled helplessly. 'I didn't know that she is a foodie.'

Clair received the corndogs after paying the money, she handed out one corndog to Kyle then she take out another one before biting on it.

Puff! Sounds off imaginary bubbles sounded as the taste in her mouth burst and melted in her mouth. She do her favourite thing when eating cheese corndog, cheese pull!

The cheese string was so long and Clair can't help getting all happy and pumped up while eating.

Kyle look at her and copy her action. 'It's kinda fun. How did she know this anyway, she's really interesting.' he thought.

They both walked away to visit other stall , but little did they know, their action invoked the curiosity and excitement of the people on the street and as if they've promoted the food, the stall is now crowded with people trying to buy the cheese corndog.

The stallkeeper felt like kneeling and thanking those two, especially the girl for helping him in his business.

Both Clair and Kyle walked around and their mouth can't stop chewing on something. "Heck, how big is your stomach? How did you devoured all that without feeling full?"

Kyle was so full that he burped a lot, but the foods in his hands is still constantly increasing.

"Hey! Don't you know that it is rude to say that to a lady?" Clair glared at him while continuing eating the candied strawberry, she didn't expect it to be found here.

(A/N: it looks like this, the strawberries is coated with melted sugar and left harden, it is really delicious and easy to make, you can try it at home too! >^<)

"So, you realised that you are a lady, don't you afraid that your monstrous devouring mode could scared away guy?" Kyle asked him with a raised eyebrow.

Clair glanced at him and mutter softly in her breath, "If he loves me, he won't get scared this easily." Clair then walked to another stall that had games to play.

Kyle looked at her , althought she talks softly and to herself, he heard it, he smirked, 'Yeah ofcourse, if a guy like a girl, he won't get scared away so easily, I've been scared and surprised by her a lot of time, still I'm still here, aren't I.'

Suddenly a sense of pride and joy creeped up in his heart, his mood improved greatly and he didn't mind when his hands was shoved with the Clair's unfinished foods as she wanted to play the game.

Clair is now playing the game "throwing horseshoe" it is a game where they need to throw the horseshoe to a target and make sure the horseshoe stayed in the circle, the points is counted from the distance of the horseshoe with the target.

(A/N: It's like this, I'm not really sure about the real rule of the game but this game is really popular and exciting to play. But it's frustrating and annoying for a noob thrower like me @-@)

She played and gained a prize which is a white horse plushie, it is very cute and she liked it very much as it reminded her if her grandfather's horses.

Suddenly she frowned, "I smell something coming." as soon as she done speaking, a silver light came and she immediately dodge.

Thud! An arrow is now stick to the pillar of the stall. Kyle become alert and whistle a few times. He pulled out a sword when a group of black cloaked man came out with swords on their hands.

Obviously, this is an assassination attempt, and it seems like the target is her. Clair gulped and immediately hid behind Kyle while the stallkeeper hid under a table in his stall.

Kyle turn around hugged her tightly as soon as sounds of swords clashing sounded. She got shocked, a fight broke out and this man is hugging her?

Not taking too much time, the sounds vanished and sounds of kneelings and greetings could be hearf from a bunch of people.

Only then, he released her and she finally can see what happen, a messy bloody mess on the ground, all of the black cloaked man is lying dead on the ground while a bunch of people wearing white cloaked kneeling and bowing respectfully towards their direction.

"Greetings guild master, greetings future guild mistress." A man that kneeling alone in front of the bunch greets and the otheres behind him echoed the same phrases.

"Eh? Future guild mistress? Who?" Clair asked. Kyle chuckled and pushed her forehead a little, "Of course it's you, who else?"

"Wh-What are you talking about? Who says I'm marrying you?!" Clair's cheek is now flushed red, if those people that is bowing saw this, they could become lovestruck by those lovely face.

"Dear, how can you do this? We had a child calling us Mama and Papa, we even sleep togeth-" Kyle smirked when Clair covered his mouth before he finished.

"Wh-what! Don't spout nonsense!" Clair shouted angrily and feeling embarrassed. But she didn't know her action make those kneeling on the ground had more misunderstanding and their cheek flushing red , thinking that they know things that they shouldn't know.