Ch 83 - The Remedy

~Sara~

After the first month of living in the Safe Haven, the place already looked like a village near the beach with all the hard work put into it, and with everyone's cooperation.

Most people from both Mazes retained their original jobs, and with the help of many other new hands, the work was finished in a month and a half total.

Since there was no more need for Runners, Minho and the other ones became Builders and they were also responsible for exploring every inch of the place to find more supplies and food. Although food was already provided, it didn't hurt to look for food that wasn't canned or nonperishable. Not to mention, they would soon need to start planting again.

Hence Newt and Sara, as well as other previous Track-hoes, were also responsible for the new change in diet since they went back to work the gardens. Soon, they would be harvesting vegetables and legumes.

There were also plenty of animals in the place, although they did have to walk further outwards to find the cattle for the meat supply. Naturally, even Winston got his job back.

Jorge, being one of the older guys and one of the founders of the place, was put in charge; he was given Alby's role as in the Glade. And Jorge chose Minho as his second; it was both by Minho's insistence and Jorge's own request. The special bond between those two was hilarious and chaotic, and it was incredible to compare them now to the first time they met. But at least Sara knew that the Safe Haven was in good hands.

Jorge and Brenda, who worked with WICKED and knew about medicine, had studied Rebecca's book, and with Sara's help, the few non-immune Gladers and girls were finally cured.

No one was harmed, nor were their lives at risk. It was finally over. No trace of the Flare virus remained.

Rebecca was right.

Sara was indeed 'The Remedy,' and being able to help was the most honorable experience by far.

❀❀❀

"Yuna!" shouted Minho one morning, cupping his hands around his mouth.

Sara looked up from the gardens and saw Minho walking around, calling for the girl.

It'd been about two years since they'd arrived at the Safe Haven, and Minho didn't plan to stop being annoying anytime soon. With Minho being nineteen years old, it was assumed he would come of age or something, but he never stopped being an immature child. And life was more fun that way, so it didn't matter.

Newt turned to Sara and smirked. "Those two again?"

"You know them," she said, smiling. "Ever since she told him they were siblings, they haven't stopped acting like such."

It was quite interesting to see how different brother and sister were. Yuna was nice, and she always defended everyone against Minho's sarcasm. In Newt and Lizzy's case, they were both extraordinary people who were kind to everyone, and Lizzy was a bit more headstrong, but they weren't complete opposites like Minho and Yuna. No wonder those two were always arguing.

Rachel and Lizzy came jogging toward the gardens next.

"Guys," Lizzy laughed, and her eyes were full of amusement. "We're pulling a prank on Minho. Wanna join?"

Newt and Sara gave each other one look, immediately stopping what they were doing, and stepped out of the gardens.

Thomas, Harriet, and Chuck also joined the prank. It was everyone against Minho for being the slinthead that he was. Even Aris joined.

He'd had a chat with Minho about a year before, basically apologizing for lying to them with Teresa, and for giving him problems over his relationship with Rachel. They weren't friends, but at least no one would ever have to worry about them killing each other.