Ch 54 - Our Last Time?

*WARNING: Intense romance coming up. However, NO SMUT.

–––––––––––––––––––––

~Newt~

After a stressful night, the day that followed wasn't all too promising either. More security guards had been summoned to guard each dormitory, and all the doors were being locked now.

Doctors came at different times of the day to retrieve some of them for further testing. Memories of this procedure scratched a remote part of Newt's brain, reminding him how WICKED used to do this to them as children. They remained under surveillance at all times, which did get uncomfortable after a while.

The door to their dorm suddenly opened at a random hour of the night. The eight boys in the room immediately stood up, dreadfully waiting for an unexpected procedure WICKED might've had in store for them.

But they visibly relaxed when they saw that it was Rebecca.

"Why are the doors locked?" she asked the two guards at their door.

One of them stepped forward. "The boys in here have caused the most problems, ma'am. It's only a matter of security."

Rebecca eyed the launchers in each of their hands. "Did you have to use that at all?"

"Yes," one of them replied.

She raised her eyebrows and looked at the boys, then she turned back to the guard. "How many times, and with who?"

One of the guards glared at the boys before answering her. "Just once. With the tall, blond kid." He gestured to Newt.

"Did you?" she asked, and her expression was stern. "Well, you won't have to lock the doors anymore, or use your weapons. I'll make sure it never happens again, am I being clear?"

"Yes, ma'am," the guards replied, one after the other before walking out and closing the door.

She walked up to the boys and looked at Newt. "Subject A5, I need you to come with me," she said to him with a wink.

Newt looked at his friends before stepping forward. "Is that me? Why did you call me like that?"

"Just for safety. There's a tattoo on the back of your necks that has your subject number and code name. With your implants, WICKED was able to encrypt it onto your skin while you slept overnight," she whispered.

The boys stared at each other in horror as they began looking at each other's necks.

"Is she okay?" Newt suddenly whispered to her, in case the guards were eavesdropping from outside.

"She is, but no questions about her here. Just come with me," she replied.

Thomas walked up to her and gripped her arm. "Rebecca, I need to see Teresa."

Rebecca tilted her head as if she didn't want to say anything, but she still felt the need to help. "Thomas, right now, she's with several WICKED officials, discussing the next step for the trials. I don't think it's a good idea. She was the one who gave Janson your location after you guys escaped the Maze," she warned him.

"That's exactly why I need to talk to her," he said, bowing his head.

Minho pulled him back. "Shank, the fact that you still want to see her after what she did is beyond me. Thought she was being controlled? Well, pretty lady here just told you she willingly shucked our luck," he snapped.

Thomas seemed to ignore the rebuke and simply looked at Rebecca pleadingly. "Please, if you can arrange for Newt and Sara to meet, please let me meet with Teresa."