Ch 33 - New Greenie, New Problems

~A/N:

This chapter is fun, I'm serious. Please read it. Don't be mad at me at the end though ;)

––––––––––––

~Sara~

She had been thinking a lot about what she and Minho talked about two nights before. She realized she'd just have to face whatever was to come, or there was no point in even trying.

The Glade would be getting a new Greenie, and Sara was actually super excited about it. The place was in desperate need of a bonfire, and a chance for everyone to have a good time for once this month.

It was still early morning, and Sara couldn't help but wake up earlier than usual. She shifted on the mattress, and Newt's grip on her waist tightened a bit, making her smile.

It was weird he hadn't woken up when she left in the middle of the night two days ago. She thought he'd noticed and that she'd have to lie to him again. 

He groaned sleepily before opening his eyes.

"Morning, sleeping beauty," Sara's voice came out softly.

"Good morning," he mumbled lazily, then peered one eye open at her. "Someone's up early."

Sara smirked at him, running her fingers through his hair. "Well, I'd be up if it weren't for your death grip."

"Why the rush?" He scooted even closer to her, burying his face into her neck.

Sara couldn't hide her excitement. She'd been getting so used to Newt always greeting the Greenies that it grew on her, so she'd been helping out with the task for the last two months.

"New Greenie today, remember?" she reminded him. "I wanna do something special for tonight. I'm gonna be busy all day."

"Love, we're literally busy every day. The gardens are no easy task," he mumbled against her neck.

She wanted to stay in bed, but she also wanted tonight to be perfect and if she wanted it that way, she had to get out of bed now.

Sara giggled, and Newt finally opened his eyes to look at her. "I meant busier than usual. I'm gonna go work with Frypan and cook something special for the bonfire tonight," she told him.

Newt tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear before hovering over her and leaning down to kiss her. His soft lips brushed against hers gingerly, before he firmly connected his mouth to hers. Sara could feel his hot breath on her face as she ran a hand across his shoulder, sliding her other hand down his bare chest, down to his stomach.

She couldn't ever stop admiring him. He looked so strong, and his presence always depicted authority, but he wasn't intimidating. In fact, anyone could see the gentle nature of his character just by a single glimpse at him. He was one of the very few things left with perfect balance in this doomed world. Probably the only perfect thing left.

They finally got out of bed to change and Newt let her change first, looking away until she was all dressed up, and then she did the same when he was changing.

They were together, but it just felt right to have a certain respect for each other's privacy. Newt had once told her he didn't want to be disrespectful, and that he would respect her privacy for as long as she needed him to do so.

No one had ever taught her anything about love, but she was sure that what Newt was doing represented exactly that. And she wanted her relationship with him to be as happy and respectful as she remembered her parents' relationship. Only she hoped it would never end so terribly as theirs.