Ch 62 - Save the World

~A/N: Just a heads up: this chapter's a real turning point. Not much plot wise, but TEA WILL BE SPILT.

~Sara – (Present Time)~

Immediately after setting foot in HQ station, after four days of travel, the guards hauled everybody out as if performing a prisoners-of-war stunt. However, Sara didn't even have time to protest as two guards gripped both of her arms and pulled her away, separating her from the group.

Everyone entered full-blown-panic mode, and people started talking over each other, making an unintelligible echo of human voices. Sara complied to the guards solely because of her urge to clear things up with her uncle.

But Newt's screams made her look back with sorrow at his distressed state. "Sara!"

Another guard stepped in to take him with the others, and even though the guard struggled, Newt eventually gave in out of frustration.

One of the guards holding her arm roughly turned her head to face the front as they rushed her along the hallway. For as much as a fugitive she was, Sara was disgusted at the lack of respect when she only contacted Janson to have a civilized talk. She willingly brought everyone back. The least she expected was to be guided professionally to his office, and not hauled over like a wild animal in captivity.

Finally, she stood before his office door. It was ajar, giving Sara the sinister vibes of someone who'd come a long way to consult a conjurer. Once the door was opened completely, making no sound at all like her imagination had just fantasized, she was ushered inside. Two guards stood by the door as it closed, and the rest of the guards were allowed to leave.

And now, she was face to face with the man in charge.

"Sara." His voice was too calm, but the force of his lips as he said her name, confirmed her initial suspicions. The man was obviously furious.

"Right." She raised her hands in the air. "You got me. I'm sorry, okay? I know what you're gonna say, but there are more important things I need to talk to you about."

"Like what?" He raised an eyebrow.

"'Like what?'" She sputtered with disbelief. "The Safe Haven! What kind of sick joke was that? And may I ask, what was supposed to happen after that if I hadn't called you?"

Janson let out a snicker, which offended her like he had no idea. He was actually laughing when all of their plans were basically shattered out in the Scorch.

"You don't understand anything about the trials, Sara. All that time planning for what? This is inevitable," he said, before crossing his arms.

Sara frowned before cautiously asking, "'All that planning?' I only escaped once to go help my friends. It wasn't that long ago."

"Alright, fine. If that's how you want it, let's approach this a different way. You're coming with me," he said before walking past her and out the door. Assuming he expected her to follow him without questioning, she headed out after him.

He led her across hallways in which she'd never set foot before, possibly not even knowing they existed. With his back facing her, she listened to the beeping sounds of what appeared to be a keypad, and a massive aluminum door magically seemed to pop off from the wall. It opened with a hissing sound, and she caught a glimpse of the interior. It was so white it almost looked surreal. Every inch of the place was padded.

The kind of resolve in which he spoke to her only led her to wonder how screwed she really was. Was he gonna lock her in or something?

The answer turned out to be even more terrifying. Half of her assumptions were correct. This was a place where he planned to keep people captive and tortured, but instead of Sara being the person he intended to lock up in there, she saw her.