[45] Quarantacinque - Mia

──────────── 

sorellina = little sister 

ti amo = I love you 

cara = dear / sweetheart 

────────────

Lexy looks outside and walks over to the black van. She crouches down next to Dino and two tiny arms wrap around her neck. Ricardo comes running up and they all go inside together.

Scorpia walks into the conference room and takes a few calm breaths. Dino guides all the teen girls inside and they sit down quietly. Ricardo and Lexy come in too. The little girl cries in Lexy's arms and Lexy pats her back gently.

Scorpia's voice sounds gentle when she says: "Girls, you're safe. I promise. Do any of you have a home to go back to?"

"Y-yes miss, I would love to call my parents." Dino immediately hands his phone to the girl and she calls her mom in tears. Dino takes the phone from her to explain to the mother where she can pick her daughter up. The other girls can't go home for whatever reason and Scorpia doesn't ask for details.

"Can you tell me more about that little girl?"

The girl that wanted to go home says: "Her name is Mia. Her mom is dead and her dad... a customer... She is around a year old and we tried to take care of her but..."

The girl starts to cry and Scorpia says: "You've all done your best. And you're all strong, young women. I'm going to help you. And Mia. We have rooms ready for you here. You can take a shower and get some rest. We'll talk more tomorrow, okay?"

Dino gets up and takes the girls with him, leaving the girl that wanted to go home with Annette at reception.

Scorpia carefully points her eyes in Mia's direction and feels her heart break at the sight of the little girl. She is sitting on Lexy's lap, while Ricardo looks her over. Lexy places a kiss on the girl's blonde hair and the girl giggles softly, because Ricardo tickles her a little. Lexy tears up and Scorpia walks over to the window.

She feels the storm rush through her brain and tries to calm down. She rests her forehead against the cold glass and breathes in and out slowly.

She feels a warm hand on her shoulder and Ricardo says lovingly: "Call Logan, Scorpia. Mia's okay. I don't think she is that badly damaged. She spent most of her time with teen girls, who had no idea how to take care of her. I honestly think that love and attention is all she needs."

Ricardo walks over to Lexy and lifts Mia from her arms. Lexy walks over to Scorpia and hugs her tight. "Sweet sister, call Logan. Calm down. And let me take Mia with me. I know a little boy who's really good at kissing and one that gives the best hugs. And on top of that, I also know a very sweet nonna. Let me take care of that sweet girl."

Scorpia cries silently and Lexy grabs Scorpia's phone from the table and calls Logan. Logan picks up enthusiastically and says: "Bonnie! Are you missing me already?"

"Logan. It's Lexy. Scorpia saved five girls today and one of them is very young. Scorpia needs you."

Lexy hands the phone to Scorpia and walks over to Ricardo. Mia holds her arms out to Lexy already, who picks her up and kisses her cheek. She whispers to Ricardo: "Don't leave her alone." Ricardo nods and waves at Mia.

He looks at Scorpia, who listens to Logan while the tears stream down her face. He fills a glass with water and places it on the table behind her. He puts his hands on her shoulders and forces her to sit down. He sits down on the chair next to her and holds her hand.