63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?

Start from the beginning

"Amazed?"

"Beyond amazed." I just stood there in awe at all the equipment that was neatly kept there. My passion that laid ahead of me. Those cameras, all of them placed at different angles, those lights, that equipment, those screens, microphones, the director's seat and a huge stage.

"Whoa !" A surprised whisper escaped my lips and she chuckled.

"Dream, huh?"

"Yep ! Everything here is magic." I sighed.

"I feel you. I'm in my final year of studying Film-making and I'm as obsessed with all of this as you are. I had the time of my life here, just living my passion, my dream." She said and I couldn't help but smile. I could see that sparkle in her eyes for this field.

"I wish you do too. This here is one of the best universities for film-making all across America." She explained and I nodded, knowing already that it was...in fact the best. I love you mom and dad for giving me so much.

"So...when is it used?" I asked.

"It's used by the professors to teach students the basics and reach the advanced level of film-making. Your classes will therein have minor equipment which you'll begin using from the second semester most probably."

"I can't wait to get started." I grinned and she smiled.

"Good luck." She said and we came out of the room, rather hall.

"What's your name, by the way?"

"Shehryaar. But you can call me Shehry. It'll be easier for you." I said and she laughed.

"Okay Shehry. Best of luck. I really hope you enjoy your years here." She shook hands and walked off.

I sighed. Best place ever !

I walked back home and slept for a few hours. Can't wait to explore this awesome city !

Nida's POV:

"Nida, she's calling you to her office." Henry told me and I felt instant nervousness build up in me.

"Is she angry?" I asked.

"Very." He sighed as he hung the new clothes that just came in stock.

I was so tensed right now. I quickly gulped in a few anti-depressants without water, only to calm myself down. I breathed heavily and he patted my shoulder, gesturing me to calm down.

I gulped the lump I had in my throat and walked into her office.

"Sit." She gestured and I sat down in one of the chairs.

"Nida what is this all about? If you don't wanna work here, why don't just get the fuck outta here !" She yelled slamming her hand on the table, scaring the living cells out of me.

"Kiara listen. Lemme explain..."

"No Nida, I don't want any fuckin' explanation. You're fired ! I want you out of here. Get out !"

"But Kiara you don't understand. I...I was sick. I...."

"Sick? Damn this sickness of yours !! You were absent for a week, I bore that, but then 4 months? Continuous?! We suffered a lot. Now you have to leave." She stood up in her seat.

"But Kiara please try to understand. This job is my only source of income. Only means of living. You can't do this to me." Tears began streaming down my face.

"Just hold on a minute there ! What about the rent for the accomodation this job provided you? You did not pay that rent even, Nida. I'll make sure you don't stay there a second longer....Now get out. Out of my office !" She screamed and I bawled.