63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?

Start from the beginning

This place....was phenomenal, a dream come true for me. I raised my hands and thanked Allah with a huge grin on my face for making mom and dad agree to my studying Film-making.

Nida was right. Mom and dad realized my potential and let me decide my own future. If it weren't for her encouragement, I'd have just given up and dropped the idea of studying film-making a long time back. I love you Nida. For making me believe in myself, and I promise, if not the other promises, I'm definitely going to fulfill this promise to you of being the successful owner to Shehry Asif Productions.

Tum dekho gi Nida. Jahaan bhi ho, tum mujhe apna khawaab poora kartay dekho gi and you'll be proud of me. But before that happens, I'm going to find you and make you forget all that ever happened in the past and we'll start a fresh new life together. In Sha Allah.

"Uhm...hi?" Someone tapped onto my shoulder and I turned to find a fair brunette who had a slim figure and a badge around her neck, labelling her as one of the student counsellors.

"Hello." I replied with a smile.

"New here, I'm guessing?" She asked politely and I nodded.

"Welcome. I'm Brittany Adams. Student counsellor. Want me to show you around? Since you already seem pretty fascinated." She grinned and I chuckled.

"Lead the way." I stood aside showing her the way.

She giggled. "Come on. Let us begin from that hallway."

She walked ahead with her heels clicking across the floor, and I followed. We walked through decorated halls as she explained everything and it instantly reminded me of........how we first met.

I was showing her around as she followed behind and seemed a little uninterested as I explained the school's system to her. That girl that I didn't fall for at first sight, but the second I did, I never wanted to let go. But she did......Left me with a broken heart with whatever mistake she did. I know that...whatever it was, I would have forgiven her. Why punish me and yourself both, just for the sake of that one mistake?

"Aah." A short scream pulled me out of my thoughts and I instantly grabbed her arm, pulling her back straight.

"Oh my God. I'm...I'm so sorry. I just...." I was so embarassed, I didn't even know how to respond.

"Hey. Relax, it's okay." She spoke with a reassuring smile. Can't believe I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize when she stopped and I didn't, consequently bumping into her.

"Hmm...looks like somebody got bored." She said, making a sad face and I chuckled.

"No no. It's..It's not that." I tried to explain.

"Well, let me show you somewhere interesting then. Ready?" She asked.

"Okay." And right then, she sprinted off.

"What the.....wait up." I laughed, running after her. Waah heels mein bhi speed check karo iss ki.

She finally stopped before a door and panted, and so did I.

"This is it. Are you ready?" She asked, breathing heavily and I nodded.

"Wait, before we go in, what's your major?"

"Film-making."

She smirked. "Then get ready to be amazed. Close your eyes." She said and I did as told.

I heard her open the door and she walked in, dragging me in.

"You can open up now." She says and my eyes popped out of my eye sockets the second I saw what lay ahead of me.