59: The Inevitable

Start from the beginning

He let go of my arm and I resumed my walk when all of a sudden his voice stops me in my tracks.

"Made your decision yet?" His words made my heart fall to my stomach and tears welled up in my eyes.

I just stayed silent and he continued. "Talaaq de rahi ho ke nahi?"

I decided not to say anything and just went to the garage when he again clasped my wrist tightly and harshly turned me towards him.

"I need my answer Nida." He spoke through gritted teeth and I clenched my jaw as his eyes bore into mine.

"I can't give you your answer. Not yet." I spoke sternly, rage and pain building up inside me at the same time.

"Fine then. If you still haven't decided then....bear in mind that you're still my responsibilty." His grip grew lighter on my wrist and his tone turned soft. "Please tell me where you're going, and I'll let you."

I yanked my arm out of his grip and turned my back on him. "I'm going to school."

"School? Why?" He asked, confused slightly.

"I was bound to answer just one question and I did. Now if you'll excuse me." I unlocked my car and sat in while he jumped in from the other side.

"What the hell are you doing Shehryaar ?! Get out. Now !" I breathed heavily in anger as I just looked ahead of me.

"How do I know you're not lying to me?" He murmered.

"I'm going to school for God's sake. Stop fuckin' doubting me, and get out !" I yelled still looking away from him.

He slammed his hand on the dashboard, almost making me jump in my seat. "Stop cussing!" He shouted in rage and I just got out the car and walked out the front gate.

I felt him follow me but I didn't dare look back at him. I almost stumbled over a pipe and fell on my face when his arm reached around my waist, pulling me back up to his face.

I was holding his collar as tight as I could, unknowingly and just let go, as he made me stand straight, but not without letting go of his grip around my waistline.

I tried to pull myself out of his grip but failed to stop my tears from bawling out in the process. I was sobbing as I looked down and tried to yank his arms off of me, without saying a word.

He lifted a hand off my waist and held my face with it, pulling it up to his eye level. He just peered into my eyes with his bloodshot ones and I hiccupped, trying to control my emotions.

"Bolo Nida. Talaaq do gi mujhe tum?....Do gi? Idhar hi sab kuch khatam kar do gi? Woh sab kuch jo kabhi humaare beech tha?....Bolo?" He whispered as he breathed heavily.

I just shut my eyes, letting a few more tears fall off and I felt him push me to his chest as he held me tightly against him.

I cried loudly now. Feeling helpless. Broken.

He's my everything left in this world for me. I can't...let go of him.

I bawled over his chest and he held me even tighter as I heard his sniffles above my head. He must've found his answer in this one gesture so I just stayed aloof from my words, just in case something extremely hurtful comes out of my mouth for him.

He killed papa.

"Nida....I'm not gonna ask you why you're going to Richard Shane, but I'll pick you up. When will you be done?" He spoke softly.

"I....I'm going there to strike my name off the school register." I looked down as I told him the truth as tears left my eyes in papa's rmemberance.