Sixty Seven

Jimin waves a hand at his friends

Jimin waves a hand at his friends. Watching them all divide into their cars and all of them finally depart your apartment after many useless hours of bickering, laughter, and idiocy. On one hand, you were happy that the group can finally all hang out. But there was still some kind of awkward aura the was floating in the room and you had a gut feeling that it was just you that felt it.

Taehyung was good at hiding his emotions but even though you weren't the closest to him. You could tell that every time he glanced towards Hyejin and Yoongi, watching them kiss freely and cuddle against each other...his eyes would sadden. But you knew eventually things will be okay.

Hosoek also had kept to himself. Only speaking when addressed - it was a sad sight really. But there was nothing you could do but play along.

"Earth to Y/n, " Jimin smiles before laying himself on top of you.

Your fingers find a way through his hair and he groans in comfort.

"Jimin, " You mumbled

He moans a response and you continue to scroll through your phone.

"Are you...happy?"You asked, " I've never really asked after everything that has happened the past few weeks. I really don't want to assume how you feel."

And Jimin sighs. He really doesn't know how to describe how he feels. But one thing he can say was that he was okay. He has never felt so emotionally and mentally balanced like this in so long that peace has now made home within himself.

The silence he left was killing you, you were scared that he really wasn't fine and that he could've been hiding it. Things are okay between the two of you but how does he truly feel after everything that he has been through? You didn't have the heart to just to dismiss him. Jimin listens to your heartbeat, the soothing rhythm suddenly picks up its pace and that's when he knew that you were somewhat anxious.

"I'm okay, "Jimin says, grabbing your wrist and urging you to continue raking his hair yet again, "Once everything is settled and we all really get over what happened. That's when I think I can be truly and genuinely happy."

"Let's go somewhere, "

~

"Kitten, it's almost 5:30 A.M, "

"So?"

"I'm tired."

"Jimin stop it, " You whine.

Jimin was slowing down his walks, and you were practically dragging the fully grown man down the street. The both of you were peacefully sleeping when you randomly had the sudden urge to go outside. You don't remember when last you watched the sunrise or sunset with your boyfriend - so it felt somewhat necessary.

Wow, you sounded so needy.

"Please?" You beg, " We are almost there."

The stars looked better from there anyway. You knew the sun was going to rise in an hour or so, that should be enough. Jimin listens to you willingly, finally walking by your side while the bench you so badly looking for finally comes insight and you almost throw yourself to ground.

Jimin stands next to you, watching as you drop yourself lazily onto the bench while releasing a heavy breath and staring at the view in front of you.

The river looked amazing, streetlights lit dimly while the stars glimmer, adding a calming effect to the scenery and the moon was a full one and you pout as you glance at your boyfriend.

"Isn't it pretty?"You mutter, " The stars, silhouettes of the buildings. And the way it's so quiet and therapeutic. Seoul is so beautiful at this hour."

"You're beautiful." He says, placing his around your shoulder while looking back at the view, " Have you ever thought about how life will be after Graduation?"

You nibble at your lip and your mood suddenly drops. It wasn't that you weren't happy to be graduating, it has been a good 4 years. But what might happen after that really causes you to be unhappy. Will the group divide? You all come from the corners of the country - with only Jungkook who was born and raised in Seoul. It made you wonder if you and Jimin will move back to Busan. And considering the fact that you guys will now be apart of the workforce - you wondered if it will affect your relationship. Your one with Jimin and with everyone else.

"I have, "

"And?" He urges.

"Aren't you scared?

Jimin sighs before shaking his head in a knowing manner. This conversation sounded oddly familiar as he remembers your last year in high school and how much you were scared of change. It took a while for you to readjust but you eventually did. As much as he didn't want to confess it - you being an overthinker was one of those love-hate qualities about you.

"Why would I be?" He shrugs, you scoff as his dismissive behavior and Jimin can't help himself but chuckle, "Graduation is next year. After that, you and I will make the decision if we want to stay in Seoul or go back to Busan. We will find jobs, make new friends and still be close to everyone. The only difference is that we are working instead of studying. Nothing major."

"And if you keep living your life thinking about the future then you won't be able to enjoy your present, " Jimin smiles gently, "Yes, the future is important but baby what about now? We have a whole year ahead of us to make new happy memories. Like Soekjin's Mom's Ball that we are representing as her Youth Group. You don't do stuff like that every day."

"True, " You mumble, biting down at your lips and now looking at the sky.

The stars were beginning go become invisible as the different shades of blue bring some sort of glint. You can tell the city was now becoming woke and you feel happy as you lean into Jimin's shoulder.

"Thanks for always being there for me. I know I can be a handful."

"Damn right, " He jokes, " I'm kiddin-"

"Thank God you have two hands."