Forty Eight

"Can we talk?"

Jimin purses his lips and looks down at his drink while his ears absorb the nonsense that this girl was saying. He was planning on talking to her soon...just not now. He wanted to enjoy himself without any interruptions but here she was. Causing trouble. But ever since Jimin opened up to you about the heartbreak, he felt a weight come off of his shoulders - he felt better and was even starting to accept it and move on.

And now she's here with puppy eyes and quivering lips, staring down at Jimin for comfort. Jimin hates witnessing people cry. Even his ex.

He stands up to his feet and nods at her sentence. You barely even notice Jimin as he walked across the dancefloor, trailing behind Star while she had a firm grip on his wrist.

Finally after shoving through sweating people, and the smell of the alcohol, the two finally reach the balcony of the club, which was vacant - and now Jimin couldn't help but be nervous as he realised that it was just them two.

Alone.

"What?" Jimin asks curtly, despite her crying, that wasn't enough to break down his walls.

No matter what happens, at this point and time he loves you more. And he wouldn't allow his niceness self to appear because he doesn't want Star to get the wrong message.

"Can we please just talk about everything?"She sniffs, " I'm tired of us not being able to talk to each other."

"Has it ever occurred to you that I don't want to talk to you?"

Even though in the beginning, Star was faking her feelings. She can't help but feel a small ache in her chest at his words. At the end of the day, Star did break up with Jimin for Hosoek - but she never really registered how he would feel.

She only did that simply because it was going to make her happy.

"Jimin, I'm sorry, " Star mumbles, her gaze falling down to her hands as they entangled and fidgetted amongst each other, " About everything."

"That isn't enough, " He bitterly chuckles.

But he was telling the truth. He been through so much just be where he is- Jimin was never the type to feel sad or even cry all the time. And yet she did that to him. And Pain changes people.

Too bad he was one of them.

"You broke my heart, " Jimin says, " And til this day - I still don't know why you broke up with me - not that I care - but simply because I deserved to know. I thought I was a good a boyfriend Star, I did everything you asked me and more. I loved you more than anything while you left me like I was nothing."

"It's not fair that you can just come to my friends holiday and purposefully ruin it- matter of fact - I don't even know why you are here. I was hoping that I never even see again, hopefully for the rest of my life."

He scoffed once he see's the tear drop from eye. And the surprising part was that she wasn't faking. It has only sunk in right now how selfish she was.

"Clearly my hope isn't enough, "

"It was never my intention to hurt you Jimin, " Star croaks, " I promise, "

"I don't believe in promises, " He grits, Jimin interlocks his fingers in front of him and instantly stands up tall, pulling a blank intimidating look with a dark gaze looming over his eyes.

"What do we even have to talk about?"Jimin says, "My girlfriend is probably looking for me and I'm still here talking to my ex on the balcony."

"I-"

Don't say it.

Don't do it.

Solar is only doing this for her benefit. Don't fall into her trap - Star, you're stronger than this.

But no matter what. Solar's plan kept circulating her mind. Did she want her sister to be happy? Or should Star suck it up and tell Jimin the overdue truth? It's bad enough that she has hurt Jimin once - and she had never even thought that she was going to don't again. Jimin doesn't deserve this. The boy everything anyone would want or even try to be.

"I-I wanted to give you my side of the story, " She gulps, "I promise Jimin it was never my intention to-"

"Get to the point."

She cringes at his bitterness, shuddering in discomfort at the tone. But Jimin doesn't back down - he knows that once he shows his nice side, things won't go as planned. So he keeps his wall high.

"It happened on the night of our 10 month anniversary, " She sadly smiles, " I remember telling you that I was willing to wait until our 1 year anniversary to celebrate but you were so persistent and excited so I couldn't stop you."

"So you broke up with me because I wanted to celebrate our anniversary ear-"

"No, " Star interrupts, " Please just listen."

Now Jimin was the one to start growing nervous, his heart almost silenced and his mind blank, all he kept asking himself was if he wanted to know? He has you now. The past should stay in the past, but there's still a piece of him that still wants to know why.

And what he did wrong for Star to leave him.

Just so he doesn't make that same mistake with you.

"Y/n was having a really bad month, " She mumbles, " I remember you told me it was something about her missing her father and how she has felt that it was unfair that he was gone."

"You cancelled dates, " Star sighs, " We barely spent time together. I started to feel lonely —until you told me that you made reservations for our anniversary."

"I was happy," She smiles," I dressed up and everything—but...you never came."

You had an anxiety attack that night. So bad that you had to get taken to hospital , even going onto medication for a while to stop you from being hysterical. Jimin couldn't leave you. What kind of best friend would he be if I did?

"You called me and told me that you couldn't make it," She shakes her head," Then you sent Hosoek to come and fetch me because it was really late and you didn't want me to take an Uber..."

"One thing led to another and I kissed him,"

Jimin's eyes dilated and he slowly allows his hand to clasp over his lips in shock, the clock stopping, the world stopping .

His heart stopping.

"What?" He gasped.

"Jimin I cheated on you."