"I decided to come up with a better and much more tasteful face for you to have. I was lucky when you decided to change your own face on your own accord. I intended to approach you and force you to change it." Force me to change it? I feel like there is more to this than he is letting on and that he didn't just change it to help me out.

"Did you love her?" I am curious about how they felt for each other. "Did...do you love anyone?"

"It wasn't a loving relationship between us, Mari. It was merely pleasure for me on the side of me doing my business with her and the many others I worked with at the time. She helped me and I helped her, which is how she died. Allen had no idea about that and still doesn't." In others words, he had her death covered up to make it seem like she was ill or something, right? He couldn't have people knowing how she died. 

Elise had an affair with Gai? Why didn't he tell me that he had one with her? It doesn't make sense that she would be with him. She had everything she ever wanted with Allen. She seemed so happy with him and he seemed so happy with her. Did Allen even figure it out and that is why he treated me like crap? 

He puts the picture away and he picks up a tube of ointment, which his doctor he picked told me to use. He opens it up and picks up something to use to put it on my hand for me. He puts some on it and brings it to my wound, causing me to wince. I hope this is worth it in the end. 

"I was generally surprised when Allen had you at his side and told me your name. I couldn't believe it for a moment that you were different from Elise. You two had the same face and it was shocking for me to realize that you were born like that. I looked into your background and followed your life for a bit." He puts down the thing he used to put the ointment on and picks up gauze. He places it down on my hand and picks up some wrap. "I was taken by how you came to be."

He wraps around my hand, putting the gauze into place with it, and tapes it down. He may or may not being doing this right, but he isn't a medical professional. I'm not one either so I am not going to police him on this.

"Did she ever plan on letting Allen know about the affair?" I want to know what her intentions were with him. I can careless what she wanted to do with Gai.

"Elise had her reasons for wanting to leave Allen. I suppose it was my mistake to get involved with those two and their relationship. Allen had no idea that she wanted to leave him and move on with her life." Why would she want to leave him at that time?

"I see." How is it that I ended up connected to all these people because of a stupid face?

He stands up and picks up the things he took off my hand. "Elise was a wonderful woman who could have shared this world with me if she didn't get tangled up in a ton of things. She was ideal for me and my image, but things don't always end up right. Just look at us, Mari. We're not a perfect match at all." We don't share the same goals at all.

"I hate my face again, Gai." I look up at him. "I wish I wasn't born with my original face and I wish to not have this one. Let me change it." I don't want to keep having a face that only causes pain and misery to everyone. I rather be ugly with a good body.

"You won't be able to change it. I'll stop you from doing so." He turns away from me. "Hurting yourself won't change a thing for you. Your life isn't in my hands, but your own. Whatever you decide, Mari, will decide your consequences." Just like he made me pick between our marriage or Aruto's safety. I picked my marriage to Gai and caused a huge mess.

He places it into a bag and ties it shut, turning back to me. He doesn't want me to change my face? Why doesn't he? What reason does he have to make me keep this face he gave me? Is there even a point to?