DAY I- HOME

GRUVIA WEEK

'Home' is the term which held a significant meaning in Gray's life.

Before the Deliora attack, his life with his parents had been blissful. A loving and caring mother and playful and admirable father who loved him dearly.

Gray had always been a good and obedient child who would love to help his mother and father when asked for help. He never forgot to hug or kiss them.

His childhood life was too good and enjoyable a child can ask. But he was denied of this life which changed him total 180° opposite.

The once bubbly and carefree child became closed and reserved and didn't allow any emotions to be expressed. His only thoughts revolved around taking revenge on the monster who destroyed his life once and for all.

The next time, he felt home was with his mentor Ur and his fellow mate, Lyon Vastia who was also an orphan just like him.

Ur was the one who taught him ice magic and showed love and kindness just like his mother. It would be an understatement if he just considered her as his mentor because he considered as her his second mother and wanted to something great to make her feel proud of him.

In pursuit to make her feel proud, he decided to confront Deliora and avenge for his parents. But that's where his stupidity costed her life, as she sacrificed her life to save him. Thus, once again he lost the home he received after his parents death.

The third time, he had thr feeling of home was being at 'Fairy Tail', he would ever be grateful to Gildarts for showing this wonderful place where he mingled with everyone especially with kids of his age.

Even though, he was jovial, friendly and kind to his friends. But he hid the deep emotional trauma which he experienced before joining the guild. And how these emotions were nightmares to him.

But ever since the entry of Juvia in his life, things took different turn. The feeling he felt for her was different and unique then those he felt for others.

He feared she would melt down his icy layer of concealed emotions, so that's why, he kept her at bay and tried to ignore her love feelings for him.

But slowly, she succeeded in breaking down the darkness in his heart and made way into his soul. 

Ever since, she put her love for him in line and helped his dad to attend peace. Things and dynamics changed between them.

The fourth time, when he felt was when he and Juvia stayed together for six months. His life with her was so peaceful and blissful that if it hadn't been for mission assigned by Erza, he wouldn't have left and surely would have taken the status of relationship further.

Unfortunately, fate had different plans. During the war, he would have lost her once and for all. The fight they fought against each other under Invel's spell was one of the most traumatic experience he ever went through in his life.

Instead, of hurting or killing another, both him and Juvia chose to sacrifice their life so that other could live. 

There at that moment, he regretted many things; like he wasn't able to protect her and the answer which had promised to her after the battle.

Many emotions ran through his nerves, once he held the lifeless body of his love in his arms which aggravated his anger to the level where he pulverised Invel.

Gray really thought he had lost his only meaning of life until she appeared before his eyes making his blank life into colourful one.

Both he and Juvia were grateful to the young dragon slayer for saving the latter's life.

Ever since then, Juvia had been his entire world and his only thought was to become strong in order to protect her in future.

Aftet proving himself, that he was indeed now capable of protecting her. He gave her his answer and proposed her right away.

Unlike him, Juvia never got the chance to experience the homely atmosphere. As she was an orphan who grew up in foster home where kids bullied her for constant rain which followed her everywhere.

She never felt home or belonged anywhere nor had any friendly companions with whom she could talk and share her grief.

Even her like with boyfriend was not great due to constant rain. It was thanks to Gray who showed her what it feels like been treated equally.

He was the one who took her rain away and showed her this wonderful guild 'Fairy Tail' which she considers and accepted as her family.

But the true sense of home was only felt when she and Gray finally became couple and started to about their future as one.

When it was time to start their own family, both of them made sure that what they under went in their childhood shouldn't happen to their kids at any cost.

They decided to provide them with everything they were denied of as a child.

"Mama, papa, I'm back" As the little girl who was just around 7 entered the house.

Both Gray and Juvia welcomed her with warm smiles and tight hugs. "Welcome back, Umi-chan. How was your game today?" Juvia asked her daughter who by now was in her lap.

"Good mama. Papa, I defeated Iggy." The little girl beamed with happiness and showed her wide smile with 2 front teeth mission which the parents found it adorable.

"That's the spirit, princess. You should never lose against the Dragneels" Gray grinned and patted his daughter's head.

Juvia pouted and scolded her husband for teaching bad manners to their daughter. She told Umi that she should always be good girl and be friendly and respectful to elders and taught her all the feminine aspects.

While Gray took the role of her mentor and taught her everything related to his magic as both daddy and daughter shared same ice-make magic.

As the family of three enjoyed and cherished their moments together just the way both Gray and Juvia ever dreamt if they had a chance to relive these moments as a child.