MOON AND STARS

"Juvia, let's stay here tonight. Tomorrow morning, we can get the train to Magnolia."

Gray said to his yet-to-be girlfriend.

The blunette looked that her love in confusion,

"Why Gray-sama? We still have sometime to reach the station to board the train."

Gray closed the gap between them and towered over her,

"I know! But just felt like to stay here over night."

When Juvia looked around her surrounding, she saw they were right in middle of the forest and a lake was close by which she could sense through her magic.

"Okay Gray-sama as you wish. Come let's go as Juvia can sense a lake nearby."

Juvia chirped and caught hold of Gray's wrist to pull him along with her.

Even though, Gray groaned but nevertheless didn't break the hold and wore a small smile on his face.

It had been a year since the war against Alvarez Empire.

Gray, till now, had given his answer and to his surprise neither Juvia pushed him to do so which he appreciated.

As they reached the lake, it was quiet bigger than the one in Magnolia.

The sight of lake was surreal as it reflected the full moon.

"Gray-sama, the scene looks so beautiful and romantic."

She left go off Gray's wrist and went near the lake to get a closer look.

Gray chuckled at her reaction and followed her. Once he spotted a neat and cozy place for them to rest, he kept their bags and looked around.

The night sky was full of twinkling stars which was adorned with a bright full moon.

Juvia washed her face to rejuvenate herself and went back to Gray who now sat on the grass and looked the night sky thoughtfully.

She could see he has stripped down to his pants as his shirt and coat were missing which made her wonder, even till now, how he was able to misplace his clothes within a fraction of seconds.

Juvia sat next to Gray slowly and joined him looking at the sky.

"Juvia, have you were wondered why could see only one moon and many tiny stars around it?"

Juvia looked at Gray who still kept looking at the moon.

"Yes Gray-sama!! But doesn't know whether the reason she's about to tell is right or not.
It's said that once Moon used to be gloomy and dark with no friends and family.
It was always alone and craved for some kind of happiness in its life.
One day, thanks to Sun, who showered its light just like ray of hope on the Moon which made it to glow and shine.
Once it became shiny, it spotted that there were many tiny twinkling stars around it and those stars became its friend.
That's why, Moon is surrounded by many stars, thanks to sun."

Once Juvia finished her story, Gray looked at her surprisingly as tears were forming in her eyes.

Gray knew she was talking about her past. He had a soft smile on his face and wiped her tears.

It was not the first time Gray as initiated a physical contact with her on his own as this type of interaction were common when only both of them were around.

"Okay Juvia, stop crying. And you know what even my mom used to tell exactly the same reason.
Of course, there's science and other things behind the actual thing. But she believed this was the apt reason."

Gray smiled which made Juvia ti stop crying. He still had his hands on her cheeks as he cupped them gently.

"Juvia's sure she must have reason just like Juvia, Gray-sama."

Gray nodded,

"Yes and her reason was my dad. As far as I remember, he's the one who saved my mom from her miserable life.
Looks like saving a pretty girl runs in my family. No wonder if my son decides to do the same."

Juvia chuckled which caused Gray to blush as he was embarrassed for the last part which he told unconsciously.

"So Gray-sama has dreams of his son, huh!!" Juvia teased him.

Gray let go of his hands and turned his face to opposite side to hide his growing blush.

"Shut up...that's not the thing I was talking about. So as I was saying...." Before her could finish his sentence, Juvia hugged him.

"Yes Gray-sama, you are my sunshine. It's because of Sun, our guild, which sent you to fight me which saved Juvia from her miserable life and also brightened up her life which made to be recognized by those stars, our friends. Juvia can't find words to express her gratitude. Thank you, Gray-sama for everything."

Hearing her heartfelt confession, Gray snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her closer towards him and patted her back.

"Even I'm grateful for having you by my side. I know, I promised you an answer but just give me some more time.
I will give you one after coming back from this mission which I'm going to take with the rest of team Natsu."

Juvia pulled herself to meet Gray's face and she could see the confusion in it,

"Oh Juvia see'... Okay Gray-sama, tell Juvia whenever you want.
Juvia wishes to wait as long as Gray-sama wants."

Before he could think of any other reply, he leaned forward and kissed her lips.

For a moment, Juvia was taken aback but soon responded back equally.

After kissing her lips, Gray kissed her forehead,

"I hope this serves as a keepsake till I return from the mission."

"What's the name of the mission, Gray-sama? How long will it take?"

Juvia asked still blushing madly.

"I don't know how long but we will surely finish it. It's called "100 years quest".