MIKA'S GIFT

MANY YEARS AFTER THE WAR

Both Natsu and Gajeel were getting ready to leave for an important yet simple mission in front of their combined caliber, 

"Natsu, don't be reckless. Remember you are not a 20 year old anymore and behave according to your age."

Lucy Dragneel advised her husband and same was followed by her best friend Levy Redfox who did the same to her husband.

"Okay understood Luce. Kiddos, bye take care of your mum till I come back tomorrow morning." Natsu hugged his family.

The two Dragneel kids, eldest child Nashi who was around 16 and youngest one, Igneel is around 12 made a disgusted face when they saw their parents kissing.

Before the dragon slayer duo can leave the guild, a tiny voice stopped them.

"Uncle, even Mika will come with you" 

"Mika dear, no both of your uncles are going on an important job so they will take you next time." Lucy caught hold of the little Fullbuster who is not more than 4.

Mika began to throw tantrums and soon it began to snow.

"Mika wants to go. So that she can buy gift for mama and papa." She cried while clutching Lucy's skirt.

"I wonder how Juvia and Gray are handling her tantrums. Lucy console her before Magnolia gets covered with snow." Natsu told his wife and went near her.

Lucy lifted the little girl in her arms and wiped those big tears.

"Mika-chan, why you want to buy gift for your parents?" Levy asked and ruffled her dark curly hair.

"Because tomorrow it's mama-papa day. Mika wants to gift them. Onii-chan, doesn't want her to go with him."

Mika said as she rubbed her small fists against her eyes.

"But you are a little girl. We are sure if you give a greeting card to them, they will be happy. So dear, stay here and make one before your papa and mama comes tomorrow." Gajeel patted her head.

"No Mika is a big girl. She wants to buy that gift. Uncle Jeel...uncle Natchu, please let Mika come. She will help you."

Mika showed them her big sapphire orbs in puppy mode which made the dragon slayers to fall for her trap.

"Okay dear, come let's go." Natsu lifted her in his arms who soon latched her chubby arms around his neck.

"No Natsu, both Gray and Juvia will kill us if something happens to her. They left her in our care. Come sweetie, auntie will help you in making card."

Lucy smiled and extended her arms forward but Mika didn't follow her lead and stay firm in her decision.

"Let it be bunny girl, the mission is simple. We just need to catch the mastermind bandit who is being notorious.
   Moreover, Lily and Happy are coming they will stay by her side while we do the job."

Gajeel convinced Lucy and his wife who reluctantly agreed.

"Okay be careful especially take care of her. Be safe. Bye." Both Lucy and Levy kissed the little girl's forehead and see them off.

AFTER FEW HOURS

"Mika, slow down. Lily, Happy go catch her." Gajeel shouted and soon the exceed rushed to the little girl's side.

Natsu sighed, "it's gonna be a long day." But nevertheless followed the exceed who were chasing the tiny girl.

Soon Lily caught her and held her in mid-air.