one shot 2 (coronavirus awareness)

(Y/n) carefully opened the front door, quickly stepping inside and closing it behind her.

She took off her gloves and mask, throwing away the gloves immediately. Her eyes were red and puffy, and there were mark's all around her eyes and mouth.

Kakashi's footsteps echoed around the house as he ran towards her. He stopped infront of her, a a few feet away and just looked at her.

"What happened?" He asked seeing her teary eyes.

"I- I saw another patient die from the virus..." she hicuped. All she wanted to do was drop on the floor and just lay there at the moment.

Her body was screaming at her to get some rest, every muscle tired from the endless work she had been doing at the hospital.

With the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, the lives of all doctors had become living hell. They had the highest chances of catching it, and more importantly, sharing it to their family.

"Come on, go take a shower and come to bed. I'll bring your food up." Kakashi walked around her to the kitchen to get her dinner ready.

(Y/n) walked to the bathroom, tossing off her clothes and stepping inside the shower. She let the hot water hit her tense skin, letting it soak up the heat. As she shampooed her hair, sbs heard a knock on the door before it opened.

"I'm putting your clothes by the sink." Kakadhi said. There were a flurry of footsteps and a few othe movements before the door closed again.

(Y/n) sighed, leaning hed heavy head against the shower wall. She was exhausted, yet all she wanted to do was cry.

She had seen families being tipped apart, all because people wouldn't stay home.

People were dying all around the world and some people were still thinking that this is all a joke, a government planned scheme.

It made her angry, sad, frustrated, and irritated at the same time. How could they be so selfish?

Just today she had seen close to a hundred deaths, and one of them had particularly hit home.

It was her colleagues husband. He had been on a ventilator for a week now and his condition changed for the worse unexpectedly.

(Y/n) had been in the room, watching as her colleague did all she could to save her husband, the father of her children and the love of her life. He was someones father, son, husband, friend... but he had been taken away from them all.

Her colleague had broken down the second his heartbeat stopped. She was such a mess that she had to be escorted out of the room so that the professionals could take his body away.

(Y/n) had been shocked. So shocked that she had been frozen for a good minuit before yells and orders filled her ears and she had to force herself out of her scared mind.

What if Kakashi caught it? Or her kids? Or her? She was on the frontlines, working with people who already had it and had the most chances of catching it.

Tears leaked from her eyes, disguising themselves as the water pouring out from the shower head.

(Y/n) wiped her eyes and sniffed, standing up and finishing cleaning herself off quickly. The quicker she got to bed, the better.

She exited the shower and found a pair of fresh clothes by the sink, just like Kakashi had told her there would be. She dried her body and put them on, enjoying the loose fabric around her tense body.

She needed sleep.

Walking out the bathroom, the sight of Kakashi sitting on the bed met her eyes. He also looked tired, but was forcing himself to stay up.

"You're back!" He ran to her, bundling her up in his arms in a tight hug before picking her up and carrying her to the bed.

"Get some sleep. You deserve it." He kissed her lips softly, eliciting a small moan from her.

"Where are the kids?" She asked, pulling away reluctantly.

"They're sleeping. I put them all to bed a while ago." He kissed the top of her head, gently stroking her hair.

"Good." (Y/n) breathed a sigh of relief, a smile coming over her lips at the thought of her children. They were so sweet...

"I love you baby." He whispered in her ear, pulling her close to himself.

"I love you too."

Everyday thousands of people are dying in the world just because of others desire to go out for their own fun.

Please, stay at home. Don't make whole families grieve because you couldn't wait until all of this was over to go out.