Chapter 55

(Y/n) gently laid Kakashi on the bed so he was comfortable. She wiped off the remaining tears with her thumb, admiring his sleeping face.

"How did I get so lucky?" She leaned in and kissed his forehead. "Sleep well, baby. You deserve it."

She got up and headed towards the bathroom to take a nice, warm bath. Once she was done, she cleaned up the room a bit, putting things back in their places and getting things to how they looked, not that it had changed much.

Feeling way more hungry than normal for some reason, she headed downstairs to make lunch.

"You wanna help, Lil' buddy?" (Y/n) asked the puppy as he circled her legs.

"Come on." She picked him up and carried him to the kitchen.

"Let's see what to make. How about chicken pasta? We definitely need something salty after all that cake last night." She talked as if Pakkun was an actual person listening to her and not just a dog.

Midway through the process of making the tomato puree, her phone started ringing.

"Hey, Sakura, what's up?" She asked as she chopped a tomato in four, almost equal pieces that were thrown into a blender.

"Hey. So Sasuke and I are going on a camping trip next week. Wanna come along with Kakashi? We can also invite the others." She started.

"Well, Kakashi is sleeping right now so I can't say anything right now. But there's a huge possibility that we might not come because of Kakashi's work. And with me starting a new job soon, it might seem weird to ask for leave right away. So I don't think we'll come. But I'll talk to Kakashi when he wakes up and then tell you in a few hours."

"Ok, I understand. Well, I gotta go. Sasuke's calling. Bye."

"Bye."

"Babe, wake up." At around one o'clock in the afternoon, (y/n) decided to wake Kakashi up.

"Mnnn!!" He groaned and rolled over to the other side.

"Come one! I made lunch!" She shook him some more.

"I don't want..." he mumbled, barely finishing the sentence.

"Fine, then. I'm not saving anything for you! So don't throw a tantrum when you don't get anything to eat." She warned and left the room.

About ten minutes later, a groggy, tired looking Kakashi came downstairs and crashed in a chair.

"Hey..." he dozed.

"Here," (Y/n) passed him a plate of pasta. "Eat up."

"Thanks." As he ate more, he recovered more energy.

"So, Sakura called today. She asked if we wanted to go camping with them next week. I told her that I would ask you about it but she shouldn't count on it because you still have work and I start mine in a few days."

"I would definitely go, but I would end up having a ton of papers I don't want to see when we get back." Just thinking about it gave the white haired man a headache

"Yeah, I'll tell her that we can't come." And with that, there was small talk during the rest of the meal before they finished.

"Come on, hurry! I need to wash the dishes!" (Y/n) said to Kakashi as he was still a few bites away from finishing.

"Oh my god! Wait, woman! Im trying!" He almost screeched with his mouth stuffed.

"You know what, leave it. Just put the dishes in the sink and I'll wash them. You can... take out the trash." He said after a moment of thinking.

"Oh, ok." With a shrug, (y/n) went about to do what she had been asked to do.

Two days had passed, and with that came the time for (y/n) to start her new job as a nurse.

She met up with her superiors who told her what to do and where to go.

Adrenalin was pumping through her veins, her head about to explode from the nervousness.

"Hi, my name is Samantha! You must be (y/n) right?" A girl with short chin lenght blonde hair came up to (y/n).

(Y/n) simply nodded and tried to keep her cool.

"Great. Well, I'm supposed to show you around and tell you what to do. Do ill take you to the staff room first." Samantha asked (y/n) to follow her.

She showed the new girl to everyone, making acquaintances and (y/n) learning where everything was and what she would do.

After a long day of doing nothing but walking around, (y/n) was glad to be back home at almost ten o clock.

"I'm home." She almost groaned and all but droped on the couch. Pakkun was already on his way to her, and so was Kakashi with a glass of water in hand.

"Welcome home. Here." Here he pecked her lips before handing her the water.

"Thanks." (Y/n) thirstily gulped down the water and spread her aching legs over the couch.

"You're unusually early. What happened?" She asked.

"Well, I made some adjustments and I'll be coming home earlier from now on. I realized how tired you would be once you come home, so I apointed Obito to take care of things after I leave every day. Plus, it's good training for him." He explained.

"Really? You did that for me? Thank you!" (Y/n) laughed. "But you'll be tired too. So don't put too much stress on yourself." She said, already dozing off.

It was weird, really. She was more tired than usual. Maybe being a dictor would be rough.

"Come on, get up." Kakashi gently took her by the hand and pulled her up. He guided him to their room where he helped her change out of her clothes and into soft, more comfortable ones.

He brought up a plate of food and let her eat. He had made it right after he had come home and he was glad he had done it.

When they were done, Kakashi covered her with the sheets and settled in with her, hugging her from behind.

"Good night (y/n)" he whispered in her ear.

"Night..." she responded back.

Hey guys! Sorry for this boring chapter.

And there was no update last week because I had a severe case of writer's block.

I posted a message on my board and Wattpad announced it to my followers, so if you to keep up with this story and the new ones coming soon, follow me! ;)

Anyways, I have sad news guys.

This book may be coming to an end. I have no more ideas, and even if I did, it would just mean that I get attached to this book then I already am.

So expect it to end within the next 5 to 10 chapters. 😭

BYE!