Chapter 22

~(y/n) POV~

I opened my tired eyes to look up at a white ceiling. The only sound was the one of a heart monitor beeping in a corner.

My whole body ached and my head hurt like hell. It was the worst thing I had ever felt.

I tilted my head to the side to see the room but stopped. Something silver was on my bed and as I moved my hand to touch it, I realized that it was hair.

Who can it be? And first of all, why am I in a hospital? I asked myself.

I tried remembering what had happened but nothing came to my mind except me in the camp with my team.

The person moved around in their sleep before they finally lifted their head, revealing soft gray eyes.

His eyes widened as he got up. "(Y/n)! Are you okay!?!" He asked frantically.

Suddenly, a jumble of memories went through my head and I gasped. "K-Kakashi? W-what am I doing here? The last thing I remember is you carrying me." I stuttered out.

My throat was dry and I could barely speak since it hurt so much.

Kakashi took a plastic cup and poured some water into it, giving it to me.

I drank it thirstily and put the cup on the nightstand.

"Doctor! She awake!" He ran out of the room without saying anything, coming back with doctors and nurses.

They checked up on me, tweaking a few things here and there. I felt REALLY cold so I tried moving the blanket up by my legs.

A nurse noticed this and covered me the rest of the way with the blanket. I smiled at the nurse and relished the warmth it gave off.

The doctors went away and Kakashi and I were the only people in the room.

He walked over to me and stroked my cheek. "I've missed you so much." He barely whispered.

He placed a chaste kiss on my lips and I grunted when he pulled away.

He laughed a little and kissed me again. It felt so... right.

He suddenly pulled away just as the door was thrown open and a mess of footsteps ran into the room.

~3rd person POV~

"(Y/n)! My little baby girl!" A feminine voice spoke as a woman with long brown hair and bright blue eyes entered the room.

A man with shaggy but elegant blond hair was at her side, his coal black eyes shining with worry and a frown was pulling at his lips.

"Mom, dad..." (y/n) breathed.

"My baby!" The woman hugged the eighteen-year-old.

"Mom!" (Y/n) hugged back. Tears were streaming down both of their faces as they held each other.

The man came too and put an arm around both of them.

"Dad!" (Y/n) buried her head in the man's chest, sobbing her heart out.

Kakashi looked at the scene with a fond smile and left the room, giving the family some privacy.

He had waited a month for (y/n) to wake up. He had visited her every single day and brought a flower with him each day.

After (y/n) had been admitted to the hospital, Minato had gone through her information and found her father's number.

He had called him and informed him and his wife of the situation and her parents had rushed to the hospital from who knows where.

He sat down on the chair and took out his phone, scrolling through pictures which made him feel a little homesick.

Sometime later, (y/n)'s mother came out and asked him to come inside the room.

He suddenly felt very nervous. Did they get a wrong first impression of him or what?

"Kakashi, these are my parents, Hanako and Kotaru (l/n). Mom, dad, this is Kakashi Hatake, my P.E teacher." She introduced Kakashi to her parents and vice versa.

"Nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. (l/n)." Kakashi said.

"So you've been visiting her every day? Why? She's just your student is she not?" Kotaru spoke, his voice commanding.

"She is, and as her teacher, it is my duty to keep her safe," Kakashi told him confidently, but inside, his nerves were a jumbled mess.

"Ha..." (y/n) giggled. As everyone turned to her as her giggles became full-blown laughter in seconds. She was clutching her sides as tears brimmed her eyes.

"I- I'm... s...sorry!" She said between bouts of laughter.

After she had calmed down enough so she wasn't laughing, she became aware of the eyes watching her.

"What's so funny?" Hanako asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Nothing. I just, um, remembered something funny." She calmly answered her mother.

"How long was I out for?" She suddenly became serious. Her voice was serious and her face hardened.

"A month."

"A month?!?!?!" She screeched.

"Yes, a month. You were unconscious for the whole time." Hanako answered seriously.

(Y/n) slumped him her bed, suddenly feeling very hot. She tried to remove the blanket off of her body but her hands were in so much pain. So instead, Kotaru removed it for her.

"C-can I have some time alone with Kakashi, please? I need to ask something's." She politely asked her parents.

They both nodded, her father a bit hesitantly, and left the room.

"What happened? Why did I faint?" She closed her burning eyelids to relieve the pain a little.

"You were screaming for help and blacked out. I had to give you CPR and we rushed you to the hospital and when you were unconscious, Sakura said that you had gone into shock because of mental and physical trauma." He explained.

The air was very silent around the two as (y/n) took in all the information.

"Do they know of..., you know." She asked, breaking the silence.

"They don't. And I think it's best if someone else tells them and not you. The doctors said that it's not good for your health if you keep remembering it." Kakashi sighed and went over to her, taking one of her small hands in his much bigger one.

"You scared me (y/n). Don't EVER do that again." (Y/n) could feel the emotions behind those words.

"I won't, I promise." She promised as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

Kakashi kissed the tear away before kissing her. It was very soft and gentle kiss but they both poured all their love for each other in it.

"I love you (y/n)."

"I love you too Kakashi. I always have and I always will, no matter what."

And with that, they sealed the vow with a passionate kiss.

Don't ever leave me (y/n), you've become my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh my god! That was a little emotional for me.

My eyes had tears in them as I was writing the last part 🤧🤧

Anyways, thank you all for your love and support. I love you all so much and don't forget to vote and comment! (It only takes a second! 😘)

Thoughts and opinions?

BYE!