chapter 20

This chapter is dedicated to @jo_whatever

Thanks for all your love and support!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~3rd person POV~

After the break was over, all students stood in front of Anko with their teams so that they could get a slip of paper in which the name of the person they would be escorting written.

When it was Team 7's turn, Kakashi went ahead and Anko handed him the paper.

The team opened the paper together and the name that was written inside was: Sara Ren.

So it's a girl. (Y/n) thought.

"Okay guys, well wait here for her." Kakashi sat on a bench, followed by the rest of team 7.

After a few minutes of doing nothing, a woman with shoulder-length brown hair, brown eyes and purple stripes running down her face came to the bench where the five of them were sitting.

"Kakashi! It's been so long!" She all but pushed (y/n) away from Kakashi and hugged him.

(Y/n) was sitting on the ground, glaring daggers at the brunette.

Kakashi stepped out of her hug and gave a hand to (y/n). "You okay?" He asked quietly to which she responded with a small nod.

"Rin, what a coincidence." He responded back.

"I guess it is! Why don't we go somewhere else? Somewhere quieter?" She touched his arm while trying to lead him away.

Oh hell naw! (Y/n) growled inside as she pushed her way between Rin and Kakashi.

"Sorry, but we have to go on our escort mission. I think I see the lady we have to escort so bye!" (Y/n) declared while giving Rin her fakest smile and dragging Kakashi away.

She heard a 'hn!' As she walked away, a victorious smirk curling in her lips.

"Was that really necessary?" Kakashi whispered in her ear.

"Yes, it was. She was WAY close to you for my comfort." (Y/n) whispered back, making sure to exaggerate the word 'way'.

Kakashi suddenly stopped walking, causing (y/n) to turn towards him with a raised eyebrow.

"Wait. Are you jealous?!?" He cackled lightly. (Y/n) turned fifty shades of red with a frantic expression on her face.

"I'm NOT jealous! Besides, would be happy and not do anything if a boy were to touch the girl you love the way she touched you? Like he would touch her arm and try to take her someplace away?" She argued back. She didn't realise the words she had said. Love.

"I guess I would be comfortable if some boy did that to you." He said thoughtfully, rubbing his chin.

"W-wait! Me?" She stuttered out.

"Well, you are the girl I love, are you not?" He cocked an eyebrow. (Y/n) hid her red face in her hands and gave a nod.

He laughed out loud, causing (y/n) to blush even more.

"Hey (y/n), can I talk to you for a second?" Sakura interrupted. (Y/n), even though confused, walked away with Sakura.

Should I tell them about Kakashi and me? What will they think of me? (Y/n) thought nervously, playing with her hair.

When they were behind a tent, Sakura stopped and stepped aside, revealing Ino and Hinata.

~(y/n) POV~

"What are you guys doing here? Don't you have to go to your mission?" I asked.

"We do, but we wouldn't have another time to talk to you about this." Ino's voice was surprisingly serious, considering the fact that her voice is always so cheerful.