Chapter 41

A knock on the door had Kakashi's full attention.

He had gotten a few visits from his family, and Shingo, so he was expecting one of them at the door, but imagine his surprise when it was wasn't any of them.

"Hello Kakashi. Can we talk to you for a second?" The blonde haired woman spoke, her husband right behind her.

"Of course Ms (l/n)." Kakashi tried sitting up straight, but since he couldn't put too much pressure on his arm, it took him a while.

"Okay. let's get straight to the point. We know you love (y/n) and (y/n) loves you, but are you sure you won't hurt her? Our daughter has been through a lot, and we don't want anything else happening to her." Hanako sniffed.

"I- we know that you are a good guy, and even though you might have been her teacher once, you were also her senior and you know her well. I can't tell you how many times she slipped up and accidentally said your name instead of saying 'my boyfriend' when she was with us back in America." Hanako giggled.

"We have known about your relationship for the past four years, but we decided not to intervene. If (y/n) thinks you are good enough for her, then we trust her choice. But I must tell you, she can be quite a handful at times, so please be patient with her. That's all we have to say to you Kakashi. We wish you good luck with your plan." Hanako winked at the now blushing Kakashi.

How did everyone find out?

"Oh, and one more thing. If you even think about hurting her, I will find you and I will hurt you." The sincerity and passion in Kotaru's voice was enough for Kakashi to get the point.

Of course, he would never hurt (y/n) intentionally, but now he would be extra careful.

"I won't. I promise. But how did you find about my intention of proposing to (y/n)?" Kakashi asked.

"Well, a certain sister of yours may have found the ring and all but announced the fact to everyone she came across." Hanako giggled and Kotaru smiled.

That little idiot! I'll have to make her pay.

"So, does that mean I have your blessing?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n)'s eyes wandered around the room, setting on nothing in particular, but still somewhere.

She knew she was hurt badly, but she couldn't feel any pain, thanks to all the anesthesia.

She knew for a fact that her leg and arm was broken without a doubt.

Her head hurt like hell, thanks to all the pulling.

What had she done to deserve this? Was wanting to be free such a big sin that she had to go through that torture again?

(Y/n) sighed and turned on her good side.

Her parents and brother, along with Kakashi's parents and sister had come to her room many times, but she just pretended to be asleep.

Honestly, she didn't feel like talking or looking at anyone.

Truth be told, she was scared. Scared that he might return. Scared that he would hurt her again.

Scared that she wouldn't be saved again...

A tear slipped down (y/n)'s cheek, but she simply ignored it, along with the few dozen tears that followed the first one.

She sniffed from time to time, drowning in memories.

A knock on her door got her attention, but instead of pretending to be asleep, she accepted the fact that someone cared enough about her to come and see her.

Yes, she needed love. She needed to see someone who cared about her. Someone who truly loved and cherished her.

"Kakashi..."

(Y/n) started bawling as she saw the white-haired man standing at the foot of her bed with a gorgeous smile.

"Hi." The smile never disappeared from his face as he came around to (y/n)'s side to wipe the tears.

"Y-you c-came for m-me?" She sobbed.

"I did. And guess what, I kicked that assholes ass." Kakashi smirked.

"I-I'm glad." (Y/n) tried to smile, but she could just stare at Kakashi's smug face.

Somehow, somewhere deep in her heart, (y/n) knew she was safe now. For real. She could feel herself becoming free.

She was a free bird now, in no one's possession unless she chose to be someone's partner. Yes, partner, not possession. She wasn't a thing, she was a human. A human with emotions. A human who gets hurt, a human who loves, a human who needs love, and a human who needs protection. Just like every other human

And she did, she did choose her partner, and unless he was an asshole too, she was happy with him.

Kakashi climbed onto the bed next to (y/n). He held onto her waist as she hot comfortable.

They just laid there, not saying anything, happy with each others company.

That was until:

"KAKASHI!" A booming voice sounded and then the door to (y/n)'s hospital room was thrown open.

A flash of green came running in, his face twisted in worry.

"(Y/n)!" He yelled again, he might be worried, but all this yelling was getting to the couple's head.

"Gai, for god's sake, we're in a hospital. Keep it down or else they might kick us out." Kakashi deadpanned at his best friend.

"And don't even tell me that other idiot is here too."