Chapter 7

~3rd person pov~

After the girls woke up, they all went into (y/n)'s room to raid her closet.

Once everyone had gotten dressed, including (y/n), they all made their way to the kitchen for breakfast. I mean, a girl gotta eat!

They all got some cereal and some mango juice. With their breakfast in hand, they sat at the breakfast bar and talked about all the gifts (y/n) had received and how thankful they all were that today was Saturday.

Once breakfast was done, everyone cleaned the apartment a little and got comfortable in the living room.

"So... we opened all the gifts right?" (Y/n) asked as she bit into the chocolate bar she had grabbed while making her way out of the kitchen.

"Yeah. I think we did" Hinata said as she switched off the tv because nothing interesting was on.

"NO! We didn't!" Sakura suddenly yelled.

"What? Really?" (Y/n) asked with her mouth full of chocolate.

Without a response, Sakura got up and went in (y/n)'s room. A few seconds later, a sound of triumph came from inside the room.

Sakura emerged from the room holding a present wrapped in silver paper.

"Oh! That's right! Kakashi-sensei's present! I forgot about that!" Ino exclaimed.

"Of course" (y/n) said as she got up and snatched the present from sakura's hand.

"Wow! Patient much?" Sakura said sarcastically.

(Y/n) opened the present carefully and found a simple aqua colored card. (Y/n) stared at the card for a few seconds before deciding to read it some other time.

Underneath the card, (y/n) saw a white box. (Y/n) gently took the white box and opened the tabs. She slid her hand inside the box and was surprised as her hand hit a screen.

(Y/n) gripped the edge of the thing inside and pulled it out.

Several gasps were heard throughout the room as the gift was revealed.

It was a Kindle Oasis E-reader.

(Y/n) dumped the rest of the items out of the box looked for any instructions.

She finally found one and it read: Kindle Oasis E-reader with Leather Charging Cover - Black, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 PPI), Wi-Fi, Built-In Audible - Includes Special Offers (Previous Generation - 8th).

Color: rose-gold

Connectivity: wifi + free cellular connectivity.

Includes_ Kindle Oasis Screen Protector, NuPro, 2-Pack, Screen Protector, Screen Guard + Amazon 5W USB Official OEM Charger and Power Adapter for Fire Tablets and Kindle eReaders.

Shocked and surprised were the last words (y/n) would use to describe this gift! Oh, it went far beyond that.

"Is that... really his gift?" Hinata managed to croak out.

"I-i guess?" (Y/n) said, not taking her eyes off the E-reader. "Ok. I'm definitely not excepting this gift! It's way too expensive!" (Y/n) exclaimed.

"Yeah..." Sakura and ino whispered simultaneously.

By the time everyone had gotten over the initial shock (not really) (Y/n) had already packed the gift back in the box, ready to return to Kakashi the next time she saw him.

"Ok. I need a drink" (y/n) said in a daze before getting up to go to the kitchen. As she was getting up, her hand brushed against a paper. She looked at it and saw that it was Kakashi's card and decided to take it with her.

With the card in hand, (y/n) made her way to the kitchen. She got herself a glass and poured some water in it. She drank the glass water and started reading the letter. It read:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear (y/n),

Happy birthday! I hope you liked your gift. I didn't know what to give you, so I just picked something I thought would like. I know that you get good grades and I've seen you reading books a few times in the lunch break, so I thought that you might like it. If you don't like it, tell me and I'll get you something else.

Sincerely: Kakashi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By the time (y/n) had finished reading the card, she had drunk 2 glasses of water and was on her third.

After gulping down the water, (y/n) panted for much-needed air.

She stood up from the chair she sat on while drinking water and went back to the living room to see Hinata, Sakura and Ino laying on the extendible couch, with sakura combing through movie channels for a good movie.

(y/n) picked the gift up from the sofa and stashed it in one of the many drawers in her bedroom. After that, she joined them on the couch, but not before some interruption.

~DING-DONG~

Why me? (y/n) thought as she got up from her comfortable position on the couch, next to Sakura.

She opened the door and was blinded by red and peach. (y/n) took a step back to see a bouquet of red and peach roses in her face. She carefully took the roses out of the delivery mans hand and softly traced one of the petals.

The moment was ruined by the delivery man asking for her signature. She quickly signed her name and closed the door.

(y/n) leaned against the door after closing it and sniffed the flowers. The smell told her that the flowers were fresh. She looked around the bouquets wrapping for a name or indication of who sent it but found none.

"(y/n)! Come on! The movies starting" came Ino's voice from the living room. But (y/n) didn't hear anything. She was lost deep in thought.

Who sent me these?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dun dun dunnnn!!!!!

Who sent you the flowers? Oops! Can't reveal that just yet now can we? But they aren't from Kakashi, that's the only thing I can say.

Sorry for the late update.

But anyways! Back to business! I wanna thank you all SOOOO MUCH FOR 100 READS!!!!!!!! I'm literally so happy I can't even express it with words! Thank you all who read this crappy story and actually support and wait for new chapters. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
I love you all soooooooooooooooooooo much!

BYE!