chapter 23

~3rd person POV~

"When will I be discharged?" (Y/n) whined.

"In two weeks. The doctors said that they will keep you here to check on you before they let you go." Hanako told her daughter while cutting an apple.

"Here" She offered a slice of apple to the pouting teen.

(Y/n) widely opened her mouth and chomped down on the apple slice.

"Now (y/n). Those aren't manners!" Hanako lightly scolded (y/n) but (y/n) was too stubborn and just turned her head sideways, continuing to eat the apple slices her mother was giving her.

"Oh, how I miss those times at home. I wish we could stay with you the whole time but you just had to choose this high school." Hanako sighed. "Shingo really misses you, sweetie."

"I know mom, I miss home and Shingo too, but I really want to study here. But I'll be back in California next year to attend UCSF. If I get in, first." (Y/n) sighed dejectedly.

Suddenly, Kakashi's head shot up from where he was reading his disguised Icha Icha Paradise and narrowed his eyes at (y/n).

When nightfall came, (y/n)'s parents went back to the hotel they stayed in for the time being.

"(Y/n)? Can I talk to you for a second?" Kakashi sat on the edge if her bed.

"Yeah, sure." She bobbed her head.

"Do you live- well, lived- in California?"

"...I-I do." She answered.

"Then you're going to back there to attend medical school there. For four years. And staying there after you're done with collage" It sounded more like he was telling it to himself more than asking her.

"I-I will. But I will come back here after that. If I get in first. If I don't then I'll just go to any other medical school here." She looked down at her lap.

"Okay. I have to go. The visiting hours close in 20 minutes." He said.

"Bye (y/n)" he smiled at her even though it looked pained.

"Wait!"

"Um... come here please." She waved a hand, motioning him to come to her.

He uncertainly walked back to her and stood in front of her, his presence looming over her.

She grabbed a fistful of his shirt and pulled him down with a force even she didn't know she had and kissed his cheek.

"Are you angry with me?" She whispered.

"No, I'm not. I'm just confused and emotionally frustrated I guess. I mean, I almost lost you and now you are telling me that you might move to another continent for four years to study! I have nothing against that but it still feels weird. The idea of not seeing you for so long, you know?! I'm in LOVE with you woman!" His voice rose steadily over the course of his speech.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." She whimpered out. (Y/n) had never seen Kakashi so worked up about anything. Not even when the whole class would not listen to him.

"You shouldn't be sorry! You're just chasing your dreams and I'm the one who's getting in your way." He rubbed his temples.

"I have never felt the urge to keep someone so close to me that they always stay within my line of vision." He rubbed his eyes tiredly.

(Y/n) slowly got out of bed and balanced herself. She slowly but carefully walked over to Kakashi who had been pacing the entire time and had stopped now.

She stood in front of him with a frown. "Do I really mean that much to you?" She asked quietly.

"Why don't you like someone else? Someone smarter than me, someone prettier than me, someone who'll never make you angry, or sad. Someone who'll always take care of your needs like they're her own. Why Kakashi? You don't have to like me because you think you'll hurt my feeling. You should find someone who will take care of you and always make you happy. You can probably get any girl you want..." She had started crying in the middle of her monologue.

"Stop (y/n). I don't want anyone. I only want and love you. You are all the woman I need. Don't say you're not pretty, because you are. Don't say you make me sad and angry, because you don't. In fact, it's the complete opposite. Your presence brightens my mood in an instance, whether it be a simple smile, a small touch, brief eye contact, or just seeing you happy makes me happy and I can't believe you would say that." Kakashi retorted as he pulled his love in a tight hug.

But little did (y/n) know, it wasn't the only thing be had to say.

"And I know this is sudden, but, (y/n), will you be my girlfriend?"

(Y/n) pulled away from the hug and looked at Kakashi dumbfounded, no words came to her mind except one and she jumped back into his arms with a huge grin on her face. The word "YES!" Was the only thing that came out of her mouth.

Kakashi pulled away from the hug and kissed his girlfriend passionately.

And that day was the day (y/n) (l/n) became Kakashi Hatake's girlfriend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YAY!!! Theyr'e official!!!!

Its a shorter chapter but I hope you like it!

BYE!