Chapter 11

The week had flown by in a blur. Classes were the same old same old, and between hanging out with friends and studying for the finals coming up in June, (y/n) had little to no time to prepare for the upcoming trip.

The class left for the trip on Monday and today was already Saturday. (Y/n) rushed around her house, trying to find a certain orange polka-dotted, off shoulder top.

(Y/n) had woken up super late (2:00 pm) and she was now searching for the top after having some cereal and finally deciding to pack.

She had already checked her closet, and by 'checked' i mean throwing every single cloth out of her closet until nothing was in it anymore, so the only possible place would be the laundry.

A few minutes, and a lot scuffling sounds, later a triumphant cry came from the laundry room, closely followed by a very happy (y/n) who had said top in her hand.

She washed it quickly and dried it as fast as she could by putting it on top of a working fan.

She stuffed it, with all her other outfits, into the bag that she was taking on this trip.

After that, she picked up a medium-sized, transparent, zip-lock bag of toiletries from her bed and put it in one of the pockets in the bag.

Like any normal person would, (y/n) had bought a new water bottle, just for this trip. She filled it with water and left it in the fridge till Monday.

She had also bought some snacks, unhealthy ones at that, and packed them in the bag.

(Y/n) laid down on the bed, finally done with all the packing, and reached for her phone. She felt something under her back and got up to see what it was.

Her expression grew still before a murderous gleam entered her eyes. She had been packing up the rest of her things, making sure she had everything and deciding what to bring, for over an hour now and it was seriously bugging her that she forgot to pack her mesh-bag. The thing where she would put in her dirty clothes.

She grabbed the mesh-bag and tossed it in her backpack. She returned to her bed and released a breath she didn't even know she was holding.

Finally content, her hand unconsciously started searching for her phone. When something rubbery came in contact with her fingers, she snapped her gaze to whatever it was.

Now, (y/n) was playing a game called - love Nikki -. she squealed in delight as she won a hard competition in the princess quest.

She had been playing for some time now and as she checked the time, her eyes bulged out of their sockets.

6:30 pm

"Shit!" The girl mumbled as she threw off the light blanket she had covered herself with.

She ran to her closet and threw it open. She picked out her favourite black leggings and a white crop-top.

After getting dressed, (y/n) ran out of her room, and straight into the living room, where the key holder was. She grabbed a set of keys, before slipping her feet into a pair of white flip-flops and wrenching the front door open.

She was halfway out of the house before she cursed again "shit!" And raced back to her bedroom to grab her phone.

She hurried to the apartments parking lot and immediately spotted her car. She sat into it and started driving towards the mall.

She reached her destination in a few minutes and made a beeline for the food court, where she spotted purple, pink and yellow heads. She jogged to the table and sat down on an unoccupied seat.