Chapter 36

(Y/n) woke up feeling refreshed after a long night out with her friends. She turned off the alarm and turned to the other side:

She was pressed up against Kakashi's chest, but she didn't mind. She laid there for a few minutes, just staring at Kakashi's peaceful face.

She pressed a kiss to his hair and slipped out from the bed.

(Y/n) took a shower and got ready. She came out of the bathroom to find Kakashi sitting up in the bed looking around.

She giggled at the frantic expression on his face and giggled, announcing her presence to him.

He smiled at her and opened his arms, inviting her to come hug him.

She did as she was asked and gave him a hug and kiss before pulling away.

"Okay now. Get up and get dressed. You have to get going in an hour." (Y/n) told Kakashi, but he held onto her waist, burying his head in her stomach.

He yawned and smiled, acting like a little child.

"God Kakashi. You are so childish." (Y/n) ran a hand through his hair and rubbed his back.

Kakashi sighed and looked up, still sleepy but much more awake than before.

"You know I love you right?" He told her. It might sound like a question, but it was a statement. A statement of love.

"I know. You know I love you two right?" (Y/n) smiled down at him. He looked so darn cute! Just like a little puppy.

"I know. I've been thinking about getting a dog, but I want you to come with me to choose it." He suddenly said.

I was shocked first, but I got over it in a few seconds.

"Ok, but when?" I asked as I walked inside the bathroom with Kakashi on my tail.

"Maybe today or tomorrow. I'll see when I have the most time. And if not, then we can go on the weekend." He stripped off his clothes and hopped in the shower. I did my hair, trying my best not to jump in the shower with him.

a few minutes later, Kakashi came out of the shower with only a towel around his waist. I looked through the mirror when he caught me and gave me a smirk.

"like what you see?" He slyly said.

"you can't blame me. I was just enjoying the view." I sniffed at him.

He started laughing and got dressed.

We went downstairs to get breakfast and saw Sachiko there, waiting for us.

"good morning."

"good morning!"

After we ate breakfast and I accompanied Kakashi to the door for a more private goodbye, I decided to clean up the house a little.

The thing that I loved the most about Kakashi was how humble and kind he was. Even after becoming the boss of a rich company, he didn't act bossy or hire tons of people to do his work. There was only one chef and another man to look after the house when Kakashi was gone, but now that I'm here, I could do the cooking, cleaning, and looking after the house. Maybe Kakashi could offer them another job in the office.

I went from room to room, Sachiko assisting me as I did. I realized that Sachiko was the same age as me, 24. It was weird because I had never seen her in my school. Maybe she was in a different one. I shrugged and went back to cleaning.

~Time skip~
~2 weeks later~

Two weeks had passed and I had adjusted to being back. I had visited Shingo a few times, but he wasn't like normal. Something was bugging him.

Sure, he still talked to me, but it just wasn't like it was before. He was more reserved and didn't joke around like usual.

Before, he wouldn't stop bombarding me with jokes about my boyfriend.

He didn't know who my boyfriend was before.

He didn't like Kakashi. That was the problem.

It was Saturday so Kakashi didn't have work.

We were going to have a picnic in the park near my old apartment. I was going to meet Kakashi's parents today. I was so nervous.

What would they think about me? Maybe they would think I'm not good enough for him?

Kakashi drove us there and I fumbled with my skirt the whole ride.

"They're going to love you (y/n). I just know it. When I told them things about, they said you sound like a good girl. And I can't deny. You really are. Especially in be-"I clamped a hand on his mouth before he could finish his sentence.

I was redder than a tomato. He really didn't give any warnings, huh?

He laughed at my expression and kissed me.

We got out of the car and went up the little hill, holding hands.

When we arrived there, I was shocked.

~3rd person POV~

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as she looked at the man who was laughing and talking with Kakashi's parents like a friend.

"What?" Something inside her was not feeling it. She gulped, but the lump that had formed in her throat didn't go away.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.

Why was he here? And why was he acting as if he knew them from ages?

It was definitely a dream, right? Right?

(Y/n) pinched her arm and when she felt the sting go through her body, she knew it.

It was no dream.