~What Life Means For All Of Us~

Camila's P.O.V.

"Mama look! The cake is already done!"

I ran my hand through my hair, smiling softly once my eyes caught a glimpse of my handsome baby boy exclaiming happily at his perfectly proportioned cake that has been baking in the oven for 20 minutes now. His smile looked like he had won a lottery as he managed to make his cake moist and flavorful, this is his first try so I already understand how happy and excited he is.

He smiled excitingly and tried to eat the small muffin we did, he said he needed to have a taste of the cake without eating it so an additional cupcake was added to the list. With a few checks on each baked cake and cupcake, I looked at my son and kissed his cheeks, congratulating him for what he's reached and success.

"That looks delicious tesoro, but don't get that excited yet as we need to do the toppings" Skyler nodded his head, a very proud smile beaming on his face. I'm sure he wasn't expecting this kind of success but he really was eager to do it over again even if he fails, my kid doesn't know how to surrender just like his father.

"I'll go get the strawberries and blueberries"

And off goes my son, he ran out of the kitchen to the fridge rummaging for the fruits that we would be putting on the cake. The whole fridge looked close to being empty and the kitchen looked like a battlefield, one acceptable reason is that we would have people coming over later on as today is a very special day might I just say.

Just when Skyler got out of my sight, I went back to washing some of the used dishes we have had used earlier. My whole mind was focused on the plates just when a pair of strong and shredded arms wrapped themselves around my waist, pinning me on the counter and his tall hot body.

Only a laugh came out of me knowing who he is immediately, I don't need a second to even recognize whose warmth I could feel because I've become so used and memorized to it now. His lips started trailing down on my neck to my shoulder as he gently tugged his favorite robe of mine which I can say is very innocent yet he has his own ways on how to tug it loose and then he’d make his way on me.

I love having his attention on me with his hands caressing my sides but I do think that that scene belongs to the bedroom and not in a kitchen where clearly our son is busy doing his own little cute thing. Acting lovey-dovey doesn’t really suit Shawn and I during things like this, Skyler’s innocent mind might get tainted and I don’t want that to happen at all.

"Get your dirty hands off of me Mr. Shawn Peter Raul Mendes, you still need to finish baking your chocolate devil cake" I could feel my husband smirking, only tightening the hug around me as he started roaming his hands around my body. He knows how to play the game but I also do know how to act like I was in control.

"Can't I receive more love from you first? I need energy and love so I can create the sweetest chocolate cake there is"

It's been a week since that traumatizing event happened. Shawn's gunshot wound is already close to healing, so far he wasn't advised to wear an arm sling even if his left arm was almost paralyzed due to the veins hit by the bullet. It was actually good news and according to Dr. Sanchez him and Connor would have to refrain from working for 2 to 3 weeks in order to have a full rest, it was supposed to be a month but the two stubborn boys chose to bargain and it was narrowed to those days.

We tried getting Connor into a physiatrist since what had happened might’ve caused him stress and trauma, after all killing someone especially your own friend isn’t really a normal thing. We fear that he might turn to us and get angry but it was him who willingly chose to comply, he took the matter in his own hands and was a step ahead than us since he already had made an appointment with Dr. Sanchez’s psychologist.