~What Happiness Means Like~

Camila's P.O.V.

"Mama"

I raised my head, turning to my son who had been sitting beside Shawn’s bed the whole day. His small hand had been holding his father’s big ones since earlier today, if I am actually not mistaken he never left Shawn’s side even for just a second unless it’s an emergency or if he needs to use the bathroom.

"Yes tesoro? Do you need anything? Are you hungry?" My son shook his head, the bright smile I’ve always grown attached to haven’t even appeared even just for a glimpse. Throughout the whole time his focus is just on his father even if he kept giving me kisses whenever I asked for it.

"Mama when will Papa wake up? He's been lying on the bed for so long, he might have a backache"

I felt my heart aching for a while, it occurred to me that our son is really worried about his still unconscious father. It’s been 2 days since the incident happened and yet Shawn is still not showing any signs of waking up, his body is still recuperating which is a good sign but his sleep is getting so long that it really worries us. Dr. Sanchez made sure to keep on checking on him night and day just to ease our worries, he said that Shawn would be getting awake sooner but we really just need to patiently wait.

"You shouldn't worry much about your Papa, he'll be fine. He just got so much tired that his body needed to rest, the only way he can cope up with what happened was his body putting himself to a long sleep" I am having a hard time believing my words but I know and I can feel that he’s close to waking up, I know that he’s close to coming back to us.

"I miss Papa, I wish he can wake up soon so we can play just like how we used to"

I can’t imagine how hard this must’ve been for Skyler, his parents are both here in the hospital while he was left with Mama so someone could take care of him. He tried and insisted staying here just so he can be with Shawn and me but I refused seeing that this place isn’t suitable for a kid like him. He misses Shawn and me but of course he’s more attached to his father whom he’s afraid to lose the second time around.

"That'll happen Tesoro, you don't need to worry about that Papa's going to wake up soon"

"Can Papa hear us Mama? Does he know that we are talking about him?" He asks with a small voice, he refused to talk to anyone of us earlier and just really sat before his father’s sleeping figure. I thought that something must be wrong with him, if he suffered trauma or fear since it was almost as if we didn’t exist for the whole day.

"He does Skyler, why? Do you want to talk to Papa?" I asked, clearly worried about him but now that he’s responding to me I feel a bit relived.

I already started walking around the room and hospital just to ease the numbness I could feel on my legs, just sitting on the bed and lying down the whole day doesn’t really go well with me and my body. Little Charm seemed to want me to walk around the whole time as she kept moving inside me, I have no idea why but it seemed like that’s her own way of showing me that she’s also worried for her father.

"I want to read a book to Papa and narrate what happened to me today"

"I want him to know that the three of us are fine and he doesn't need to worry especially to Charm and you" Skyler added as he started talking to Shawn, narrating what happened today even if it wasn’t much eventful for him.

"You okay?" Connor appeared beside me, holding my hand, assisting me just when I was about to stand up and head to my bed. I’ve been sitting on the couch for almost an hour, I guess the bed really doesn’t make me feel comfortable especially when I can’t seem to get a full view on my husband.