~What Should A Broken Heart Do?~

Camila’s P.O.V.

The first thing that came into my mind when Papa asked me where I wanted to go to as his gift now that I had graduated, I chose San Francisco in a heartbeat. There’s just something in that city that somehow brought me to go there without any reason at all, it seemed like I was possessed or had been tricked choosing that city.

Our family grew up to be in average, we have enough money to pay for our bills and including both me and my younger sister’s tuition and especially for Papa’s medications that are so pricey, we don’t have that enough money to save even if I wanted to and I tried. That is why it felt like it was such a huge relief that I finally graduated with all my hard work as I will finally be able to find a job that can actually make our life more comfy as that is what my parents and every other family deserves.

So it was a huge shock for me when Papa told me that he and Mama had a few amount of money stored since I was a child to travel for 2 days, it’s their reward for me according to them as I made them feel so proud and happy. I tried telling them that they should’ve just used it for Sofia’s tuition, Papa’s medication or save it still for our emergency use but they kept declining. Papa said that I should use it or else he’ll throw a tantrum and kept threatening me about things I didn’t want.

When I tried asking how they managed to save such money with that kind of amount, they both refused to answer. They just told me that they saved all of them up when Sofia and I were still toddlers, they saved those money for me and Sofia to travel to a place alone when we both graduate.

In the end, I was half forced and also voluntarily flew from Los Angeles to San Francisco alone. Not that I mind though but I really would appreciate more it if we all could travel here to see the beauty what San Francisco has to offer, I’ve always wanted to travel with my family and somehow I really do hope that we all could bond and relax without worrying anything at all. But I guess this year I’d have to do it all on my own to also celebrate my graduation.

The first that I wanted to go to when I landed there was to head to the Golden Gate Bridge as it was what the Bay City is so proud off. It was what I really what I wanted to see, since I was a child I really wished to walk on that bridge and I guess my dreams finally came true today. It was so cold when I arrived there forgetting my jacket at the hotel since I thought I can withstand the breeze, turns out I can’t which made me want to hurriedly run back to my hotel for warmth.

Then at that moment everything happened so fast. I met this guy named Shawn, he looked so handsome, rich yet is a total gentleman. He looked so calm, no ounce of arrogance in his body, a very polite look and I guess he also has a kind heart. His eyes were the most genuine eyes that my eyes had ever laid on, there were several emotions in them even with just a stare, it seemed like he was already talking to me even with just one look.

I sure am lying when I say that my heart didn’t skip a beat when I first looked at him. He’s just like a handsome CEO… which I do think he is, based from his vibes I do know that he’s someone who grew up to be trained as a well-mannered heir. I can’t be wrong…

And boy I really wasn’t.

Shawn showed how much well-mannered he is when talking to me, he’s kind and very approachable but what I was surprised about him is that he also can be so straightforward. Him saying that he wanted to be with me surprised me really, for once I grew up without much boys around but only my dad, I never even had the time to go to prom because I go to an exclusive girl’s school. Him really showing interest in me made me feel at first uncomfortable but seeing how genuinely kind he is then I really think that he’ll be able to make my stay here worthwhile.