~What Does Know Better: The Heart Or The Mind?~

Camila's P.O.V.

There were so many times that I wondered whether if the heart should be listened to or the mind should be.

I've heard so many things and stories about how the heart should be disregarded because it decides only based on it's current emotions. Others told me that we should listen to the brain very well because it contains facts and is more knowledgeable in every area, there is a reason why the brain is placed on top of the heart and it is because we needed to listen to it rather than the heart.

However, there were also stories which says that the heart knows everything, that we should listen to the heart. It is where all emotions are especially love, that powerful love that no one can't seem to defeat at all. Sometimes the heart is right because it will bring you to that person who can be with you until the end, until the rest of your life.

I've heard stories about women getting brokenhearted, the pain they've felt, all the sufferings they have and how they're trying to forget about how stupid they were to believe and fall in love with that person. But there ware also cases where they really are thankful to feel the pain, to feel hurt because with that, they were able to grow and be more matured with the topic.

For me the mind and the heart should be balanced... it always should be.

My hand slowly rested on the soft and fluffy hair of my son, his lips were puckered out, seemingly pouting as he was fast asleep. His whole body was tucked under the covers, seemingly shivering from the cold morning but was still peacefully sleeping. I always do this every morning just to feel so inspired and happy throughout the whole day.

The sun hasn't risen up yet a it's only 6 in the morning but sooner or later I know that it will rise up, I needed to head to work but I just wanted to stay here and be with my lovely son for now.

"At times I hope that he'd just look like you so you wouldn't be reminded of the past"

Mama's voice softly echoed in the room as I turned around and gave her a small smile just when she entered Skyler's room and rested her back on the wall. We both were just looking at my handsome son, admiring him as he peacefully sleeps in my arms.

True enough, Skyler was almost close to being the splitting image of his father. There was no way that I could ever forget about how he looks if I am always looking at his little version every time of the day...

"Things happens for a reason mom, at this moment I just know that maybe Skyler was brought to me just so I could always remember that stupidity that I had. That I should learn from the mistake that I have in falling in love and never to trust again"

As funny as it may sound, but I am afraid of falling in love again with that incident. I vowed and promised myself that I would just live my life as be, without any other guy in the picture and just Skyler and me. I'm so done from committing the same mistake again...

"It's not your heart that's speaking to me right now mi hija (my daughter), it's your mind" Mind because it was just my decision, I chuckled softly while shaking my head no.

"Sometimes the mind is right rather than the heart"

"But that heart is beating because of love while that mind that you think of highly is thinking because of facts and evidences. Do you think those facts and evidences are stronger than love?"

"Could you ever call your son as a mistake as he is conceived with that? Could you ever look at him and tell him how much you regretted meeting his father and falling for him?"

No!

"I could never do that to my son. I could never see him as a mistake because he is my own flesh and blood with or without his father, he is mine and my boy isn't a mistake to me" He never was and never will be...