~What Do I Do After Proposing?~

Shawn's P.O.V.

5 years ago, I probably would've laughed at myself if I tell myself that I will get married when I reach the age of 26. I probably would've made a bet with Connor saying that I'd rather grow old all alone rather than choosing to marry a woman who will only keep screaming and blaming me for everything that have had happened throughout all the years that we've spent with our marriage.

Back then I probably really would've died laughing if someone would tell me that the playboy billionaire would be marrying someone and that someone is even my secretary of 5 years whom I never even spared a glance of until now. I never was the type of man who would fall for someone easily especially when my heart had already been broken once, let's just say that I do understand how people feel when they get betrayed and the pain from that experience will make you transform into a completely different person whether you like it or not.

5 years ago, when asked about how do I see myself 5 years from then, I would tell them in a joking way that I was able to see myself being that most wanted billionaire playboy in town. Everyone would've wanted to have me, everyone would've wanted to date me, kiss me and marry me, they would go crazy just to have me and I wouldn't feel that same pain that I dreaded to feel again.

Thinking in the past, it probably would become the most absurd thing when we talk about marriage. Connor and Dad had tried bringing that topic up but I never got swayed by their 'responsibility' thing regarding the situation, because at that time I know for a fact that I would never meet anyone who can make me feel as if I should fall for her and go crazy for her. That time it was an absurd fact.

Me, getting married? Over my dead body... but 5 years later, I definitely would've lost to the bet if we were able to do it. Because 5 years later, it was the right time for me to realize and understand what a gem my secretary was actually. It took me 5 years to know what she's worth, to see her beauty and to notice her greatness, that I actually have someone wonderful just by my grasp.

The moment I met her, I already was mesmerized by her beauty, I mean who could resist someone with a voluptuous body and natural beauty like hers? She was wearing a black long gown with touches of gold in them that perfectly displays her great curves, I could remember every little detail on her then.

I wanted to claim her right then as mine...

But I had to step back seeing the scene at the bathroom with her and Connor, he was trapping her on the wall and it looks to me as if they were trying to make out. That night my mood completely changed, what was mine shouldn't be taken by Connor, and with that thought, what was his shouldn't be taken away by me.

I thought something was going on between the both of them then so I distanced myself from her, tried to not look on her no matter what happens. But it was just this time, after 5 years of Connor not being able to have her, I know that I already have to claim her as mine.

That was what I exactly did up to this point. I will marry her and spend the rest of our lives together with Skyler.

Because I know for a fact that I had already found the woman who was able to bring me back to the past Shawn who is loving and would dare risk everything just to protect and be with my family.

My family which is now Camila and Skyler.

"Papa! I missed you!" Skyler ran towards me just when I was able to park the car before their house.

He was casually dressed Saturday morning as I had planned something worthy to have him wake up early in the morning as well as his grandparents, Camila's parents who would be joining us today as I invited them over for a little plan that I have.