Chapter 50

Grace's POV

"G-Grace!" Alice stammered when she saw me with Alexander near the dining table. I froze in my place, turning to my sister to see that tears were already brimming at the edges of her cerulean eyes. I released out a shaky breath and felt moisture accumulating slowly in the corner of my eyes. I took a step in front but stopped. I was happy, no, I was so f*cking overjoyed right now to see that my sister was fine with no scars on her. But somehow, I also felt guilty. That guilt was so strong, stronger than my joy. And it began gnawing at my soul relentlessly.

Alexander softly placed his palm over my back and gave me a little encouraging push that made me take a step forward. I looked at him behind me to see him give me a small smile. I smiled faintly at him and got another encouraging little push. I wiped a tear with the back of my hand and turned towards Alice who was looking at Isabella with her pleading eyes, as if to ask for permission. Isabella looked at Alice with a smile that stretched on her lips and showed her white teeth. She nodded at Alice and looked at me. Not a second did Alice lose before running into my arms.

I thought that she would slap me or shout while crying, or maybe get angry at least but all she did was to wrap her frail arms around my waist and pressed her teary face against my shoulder. I stood stiffly for a moment, taking time to comprehend what she was doing. After causing her trouble, nearly getting her killed, she just............... hugged me? Was this real? But didn't she have any reproach from me?! What the hell was wrong with her?! And then, she starts sobbing quietly in my shoulder. My sister............... she was crying because of me.....

My arms took time, shaking as I heard the sobs wracked through her chest. It was so painful hearing that. My arms finally moved to glide around her slim waist and hugged her while I could sense her ribs sticking from her dress. I placed my chin on her head to stop it from wobbling but in vain. "G-Grace...." Alice whimpered and buring her face more into my arm. "I-I w-was so w-worried........ I-I thought t-that s-something h-happened to y-you and t-that I w-would n-never s-see you...... I-I was s-s-so sc-scared......... I e-even l-lost y-you f-for t-t-the s-second time...." she cried and sobbed fiercely.

I teared up at this; I had thought that I had lost her too three weeks ago and had even tried to take my revenge by trying to kill Alexander. I didn't know that she was f*cking alive! If so, then I would have ran and hugged her!! I swear! But no one bothered to tell me if she was okay or not! Alexander didn't even tell me if she was alive and that made me think that I had lost her forever. I hugged her tightly and pressed my face into her hair while my sobs were muffled by her loud ones. Some servants passed, throwing us weird looks but I didn't pay much attention to them and nor did Alice.

"I-I'm s-so sorry....." I tried to apologize and gulped. My words went unheard by her as she ignored me and continued to weep. "I thought that you w-were dead too, I s-swear........ I didn't even k-know that you w-were alive. And I blamed myself e-everyday, Alice. I'm so freaking sorry. Please f-forgive me for what h-happened that night. I swear that I d-didn't know that h-he would try to k-kill you! I was j-just thinking about my s-stupid revenge........... Please f-forgive me......please......I'm s-so f*cking sorry." I apologised repeatedly as Isabella approached us with a sad smile.

I could also feel Alexander approaching us. Isabella softly placed a hand on Alice's shoulder and Alexander did the same for me. Alice slowly looked at Isabella behind her as her mistress gave her a nod. Alice wiped away her tears with her shaky hands and looked back at me with red rimmed eyes. She sniffled and muttered, "I-I'm not a-angry at a-all....... I-I'm just h-happy to s-see t-that y-you a-are f-fine......" She threw herself into my arms and peppered my forehead with little kisses while she had to stand on her tiptoes due to her height. I chuckled and wiped my tears.