Chapter 46

AN: Don't forget to vote and comment.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Alexander's POV

I walked into the dungeons as the last seven days that I had been here. I was still sad that Britanny already went to Australia but we kept in touch and she would call me whenever she was free just to talk about her day or her new life with her parents. She was now like a friend to me but I wouldn't mind if she came back here for holidays and we could f*ck. I seriously missed her but it was okay; I could get another girlfriend. But, right now, I wanted to focus more on Grace than my s*xual life and today was the day.

"Good afternoon, Lord Dalrymph." the guard who was in front of Grace's cell greeted me and bowed with respect. I gave him a curt nod and looked at him till he stood up again. "Do you wish me to open the cell door, my Lord?" the guard asked as I nodded again and hummed in response. "Very well." he answered curtly and turned to the door of the cell, taking the keys out of his pocket. While he opened the door with the keys rustling, I glanced inside the cell. Still, it was as if it was desert due to all this tranquility. But not a good one; no, it was an unnerving one.

During all these past days, she was staying like this; silent and behaved like a walking corpse. By now, I knew that this wasn't any silent treatment that she was giving me. It just seemed as if that candle inside of her had extinguished along with her emotions and spirit. Where was her will to fight, throw tantrums and kill vampires? She seemed broken and I felt like she really was but an ounce of hope was still in my heart, telling me that she wasn't broken. She just couldn't break after a whipping, even if it was in front of some vampires. There was something else.

There had to be something that had happened to her. She couldn't just switch off like that. She just couldn't. I didn't believe that. I only prayed that it was some kind of phase or facade. I wanted to believe that but with the way her eyes would stare at the grimy wall of the cell, I felt that little ounce of hope beginning to vanish. I wanted to reach to her hollowness; I wanted to rekindle her but she didn't want me to. She would just look at something else than me with her emotionless eyes when I would try to make her talk to me. I just wanted her to say something. Anything.

But all I got during these days of visiting was a void stare and silence. She listened to me when I would tell her to do something like when I asked her to take off her sweater the first day I went to see her. Why was she so obedient all of a sudden? There was something that she kept inside of her. But what? What was it that made her so void and turned her into someone else? She always said that humans who were submissive were pathetic but why was she like that then? I couldn't see her soul, her spirit, her bravery or bloodlust. She couldn't just give up on life like that.

I wanted my kitten back; I wanted her to be back to being fuzzy, innocent and blushing at my every dirty words, and throw tantrums every seconds to annoy me. I tried to figure out what the matter was; I did everything I could while she was imprisoned in the dungeons. I tried to get her to talk to me, tried to make her write her feelings on a sheet of paper but what only happened was her fingers twitching with the pen while she would just stare at the paper without any other reaction. I tried to listen to her thoughts; but in vain. Her head was empty from thoughts.

I tried to catch any little thoughts, any of them. But couldn't. I just got the words like: 'Mother', 'God', 'Pay' and 'Forgive'. That was it. I tried to match the words but I didn't get anything to explain her morbid state. Who had put her in such a state? Me? I didn't think that by a whipping in front of some vampires would make her stop talking or react to anything. Anthony? Had he said something to her while she was trying to kill him? Maybe. But I didn't know about it. But I knew that it was about her past.