Chapter 22

Grace's POV

I walked through the long corridors, the vampires who were walking, looked at me strangely as their collared pets were following them silently behind with their eyes glued to the floor. They must be wondering as to why a human was walking freely like this.

They could have attacked me anytime, but they didn't because I was wearing my stupid collar. Meh, I hated it so much because the black leather was itchy against my skin. I had forgotten to take it off and replace it by one that I had bought. But I'll put it for tonight, that's for sure.

I was quite happy that half of my plan was working; I had convinced Isabella to take me to the mall and will also meet Erin, who I maybe, just maybe a little, missed. And the other half of my plan was to seduce Alexander and when the time comes, kill him with my dagger; which I think shouldn't be of a problem.

I sighed happily; I was convinced that my plan was going to work at its perfection, everything was set up and just one thing was missing. And I would be able to get it at the mall with Isabella. Poor sister, she didn't know that she was just helping me to kill her dear brother.

Honestly, I had never met a vampire who was dumb enough to fall for my fake tears. Like, come on! Even the vampire kids were not like this. Talking about children makes me remember the time that that a kid of eleven years old had bought me.

And I think that you all know what happened after; yeah, I killed him. That brat would always annoy the hell out of me, pull my hair, slap me (but I would stop him), order me around and would make me sleep in a cage. That kid had seriously made me hate kids. Who would love these nuisances?

I pushed away the thoughts of this bratty kid and took one more step to get infront the door of Alexander's room. I took a breath; alright, time to act flirty and horny because I was going to kill him for sure tonight. And also, I must not think of anything because he would hear it.

I wrapped my fingers around the knob, entering the silent room without looking if Alexander was here or not. I turned, closing the door behind me but just as I was turning around, I felt a strong grip on my wrists. I let out a surprised gasp as, I was slammed roughly against the door.

I closed my eyes as my back hit the hard wood but opened them to see the furious face of Alexander. His jaw was clenched, his face dangerously near mine as I felt my heart beating at a fast pace due to the sudden action. He pressed me wrists on both sides of my head, caging my body with his towering one.

Ohh my god! He could have given me a bloody heart attack!! I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat, looking into his green lushy eyes that was filled with anger but also a twinge of annoyance. I calmed myself, my heartbeat trying to beat at a normal pace as I still looked at him.

His eyes did reflect anger but not as aggravated as he would usually be, and they were not red as they would have been. So, that meant that he wasn't very angry, but he did looked pissed. Wait, what the hell did I do to make him be in that mood?

"Wow, that's a great way to welcome someone. I'm flattered." I could help but open my smart mouth to make a sarcastic remark. It was in my veins to annoy vampires; I really loved seeing their eyes turning into a deep red, becoming furious while I degrade them. But I didn't really want Alexander to become angry right now.

"Where. The. Bloody. Hell. Were. You?!" he whispered-yelled through his gritted teeth, each word in between his breath as if he was starting to get more angry but still, his eyes stayed the same green colour. I got chills on my skin as a vicious growl rippled through his throat.

"Umm, ohh that!" I started, exclaiming as I played dumb with a little nervous smile on my lips. I don't think that he would like to know where I was. "I was just strolling Into the corridors." I continued with a chuckle, praying silently in my mind that he would just eat my not-so-convincible lies.