Chapter 36

My instant answer was obviously, "no." but it sounded a bit timid and shaky instead of stern like I intended to. My hands scrunched onto his dress shirt as they were on his shoulders when a low animalistic growl rippled at the back of his throat. His hands came up to my fragile arms and grasped them in a firm yet no harsh way. He yanked me closer, making my chest collide onto his as his eyes seemed to turn to a crimson red, making a shiver run down my spine.

I let out an inaudible whimper, letting a lone tear roll down my cheek as he said in a low threatening voice, "What did you just say to me? No? I'm the master here and you are the pet, so do not disobey me, do you understand? Now turn around, it's an order." He seemed to be angry at my earlier answer as he waited when he gave me a little space and removed his hands from my arms. Hopefully, he didn't press his hands onto my wounds. Another tear rolled down my cheek as a sharp pain drove through my back and arm.

I hurriedly but painfully wiped my tears away with my hands and said in a whispery voice, "Alexander, g-go away. I need to take a shower. And get away, y-you're too close." I looked away to the ground as I just wished that he gives me some space but of course that didn't happen. I didn't want him to look at my back because he would ask me lots of questions; questions that I didn't want to respond to.

His hand came up to squish my face with each fingers on my cheeks as he yanked it closer to his and replied to my disobedience, "It seems that you do really like to test my patience, don't you? Grace, I'm serious right now, so turn around. Do you understand? Will you or do I have to do it myself?" I dared to look at him in his bloody eyes for a moment with my teary blue ones but averted my gaze away and didn't respond or did I obey to his demand due to me being adamant.

He raised an eyebrow at my action and mumbled under his breath, "Alright then." With that, he removed his grip from my face, grabbed one of my arms and swung me forcefully and so swiftly that I didn't get time to even protest. "Put your arms onto the counter." he ordered as he put them himself onto the counter. I closed my eyes, praying for him not to get too angry as my back was facing him while my hair was still on my chest. My hands clenched onto the counter as I closed my eyes and waited for any of his reactions.

He slowly and carefully placed his palm to cup my right shoulder and seemed to take his time in observing my wounds. I whimpered as I sensed a scorching pain lick my back and wanted to let the icy cold water of the shower wash it down. The shower was still on as the water rained, waiting for me to seek relief from it but I couldn't as I was about to face the wrath of Alexander, my master. A cold and slender finger was gently placed onto one of my burns and carefully yet slowly ran down my spine.

A small yelp came out of my throat without warning as Alexander seized his action and removed his finger. The warm blood still oozed from my burnt flesh to run down my back and dry to create rough layers. I had the urge to wash away all that dried blood and that unbearable pain but I still stayed in my place and waited. It seemed like hours as Alexander continued to let his eyes linger onto my burnt flesh. I moved my eyes to the mirror and took a glance at the face of Alexander.

His jaw was clenching and un-clenching while a visible blue vein popped onto the side of his neck. More red flecks surged into his eyes as they became of a more crimson colour than they were. I could see his rage and anger surging in his eyes as an animalistic growl rippled and resonated throughout the four walls of the bathroom. "Who?" he asked with a totally different tone; it was a mixture of rage with a deeper voice. It seemed like he was another person. It only would happen when a vampire would be enraged.

I kept silent as my voice was hitched into the back of my throat and continued looking in the mirror while his eyes stayed glued to my back. I tried to control my tears as the burning pain was gnawing at my back like hell. Alexander's fingers wrapped around my bony arm as he swung me around again so that I face him like earlier. His both hands wrapled around my arms as my hands landed onto his shoulders and scrunched the fabric of his dress shirt as his crimson eyes looked deep into my sapphire ones.

The Vampire's PetOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara