Chapter 18

Me and Isabella had already finished our dinner, so we decided to retreat back to our chambers. We were talking about the Dalrymph family, when she had told me something very shocking that was hard for me to digest. Something that I couldn't believe at all.

"What?! No, are you serious right now? Kaden is your twin brother?! Tell me that you're joking because I seriously find it difficult to believe." I said with a high pitched voice in the corridors, telling Isabella to stop joking about Kaden being her twin brother.

Isabella was such a sweet vampire (if they existed or maybe it was just an act, but whatever), always friendly, joyous and funny with a sweet smile on her face. When on the other hand, Kaden was a vampire whom I never saw smiling, but just smirking. Plus, he had a strange aura around him; one that screamed 'sadistic and twisted mind'.

That's why I couldn't really believe my ears when she said that. "No, I'm not joking. It's true, we are twins. I don't know why you find it unbelievable but you know, Kaden isn't really a bad person. He is a good brother actually." Isabella defended her brother with a smile. She was right, I didn't really know Kaden.

But every vampire was the same right? All of them had a twisted mind, having fun to torture and kill humans, loving to feed on humans and making them go through terrible pain. Yeah, that was my type of definition of a vampire. Well, there were more words like leech, filthy blood sucker, night crawlers and etc...

"So, Grace, I wanted to ask you a question." Isabella said to me. I nodded, gesturing her to go one as she said hesitantly, "Why did you buy all these things? These tails, ears and so on?" Ohh, so she was still stuck on that. Poor vampire...

"Well, I found them so cute and adorable the day that Alexander had taken me to the mall. I couldn't resist, so I had to buy them. Plus, I guess that I'll wear them from time to time." I explained her as she nodded but mumbled something under her breath that sounded like, "These are everything but not cute."

We had already arrived infront of Alexander's bedroom door when I stopped and said, "Wait, I have to ask you a question too." she looked at me and nodded. "Umm, do you know who Brittany is to Alexander?" I asked. I had to confirm if she was just a friend or something else.

"Ohh, Alexander didn't tell you? Actually, Britanny is his girlfriend, I think that it has been about two years that they have been together now." Isabella said to me, providing me with information about the couple as I responded with a small, "Ohh."

"Well, goodnight then." she said as I opened the door of the room. I nodded, wishing her goodnight as I made my way into the room. I closed it behind me and the first thing that I did was to remove my collar and leash, throwing them on the couch.

I sighed, opening the wardrobe's door and entered. I fiddled through the clothes, taking an outfit which consisted of a green cotton tank top and a pair of green shorts that reached half my knees. I removed my current clothes, sleeping the comfortable outfit that I chose.

I walked to the drawer, grabbing the handle and opened it. I removed my pink bunny plush toy and gave it a squishing hug. I crushed it against my chest, with a smile on my face. I had already decided about a name for him; and yes, it was a he, because he was a boy. His name would be Mr Cuddly Bunny.

I looked at the clock, seeing that it was about nine. I was very sleepy, my eyes going to drop at any moment. I walked out the wardrobe, switching off the lights and made a beeline to the bed that looked so enticing and comfy. I dropped my body onto the soft matress, letting it bounce a bit.

I rolled into the thick and warm covers, laying my head on the cozy and big pillow. I hugged the blanket close to my body, closing my eyes as I was waiting for sleep to welcome me but it didn't really. Instead, my mind wandered and I was thinking about my life; it had been so long since I had known the comfort of a bed.