Chapter 24

"G-Grace, I-I'm s-s-so s-sorry...pl-please f-forgive m-me. I-I t-truly r-regret i-i-it...." I heard Erin say in a stuttering voice as her arms were wrapped around me and she was hugging me tightly while crying on my chest. I rolled my eyes at her words, hearing it for the hundredth time.

"And for the hundredth time, I'm telling you that you've done nothing wrong, do you not blame yourself when you're not at fault." I said in a bored tone, tired that I was explaining this to her for the......I couldn't remember how many times but numerous ones.

"I-I u-under-stand i-if y-you d-do n-n-not w-want t-to b-be f-friends anymore w-w...with m-m-me, i-it's o-okay..." she cried more, as if she was deaf, not hearing me at all. Seriously? I think that since this incident happened, she has been blaming herself.

Maybe she thought that I had even been tortured till death (I had been tortured till half-dead but I was still alive due to my willingness to live.) Anyway, I think that this drama was going to take the whole day to be over and for Erin to hear me out.

I had bought everything that I needed excluding a sweater that I had planned to wear over the lingerie that I had at home. I had once decided to put on one of Alexander's dress shirt but decided against it because I didn't want to put on one of his filthy clothing.

I had already bought the vodka and had brought Isabella with me to my favourite shop which was called 'Sweet Spot' where I had bought some things just to waste Alexander's money. That should teach him a lesson of not messing with me or even...lick me.

I had even bought another friend for Mr Cuddly Bunny after debating on my choices for so much time. I had chosen a white plushie bunny toy that resembled like Mr Cuddly Bunny but was white with a cute blue ribbon around its neck. And then, the inside of its ears were a pinkish orange with white spots.

Plus what was greater about my new plushie was that it had a zipper on its back, allowing me to put my things in him. So, I shoved my chocolate bars in it along with my lollipops and other candies as much as they could fit. But unfortunately, I didn't have a clue about what name I was going to name it.

Anyway, there, at the store, I had took the opportunity to embarrass Isabella a little by forcing her to buy some things that consisted mainly of cat ears and tails. Of course, I had enjoyed seeing her getting flustered and blush; but, I had somehow controlled myself from bursting out laughing.

In the end, I had even persuaded into making her buy herself a pair of blue cat ears that contrasted well with her blond hair and blue eyes. She had actually bought it so that I would stop pestering her and so that we could get out of that store. Thinking of it, she had acted the same way as Alexander did when we went shopping.

And then, finally, here we were, with Erin hugging me and crushing me but being petite and having little force, I was able to breathe well. Isabella, Erin and I were in the back, discussing this matter. Thank goodness that the cashier led us here because it was so awkward when Erin was crying infront of all these vampire customers.

Isabella was standing just at our side, looking at us with a weird expression; at times, she would coo at us because we were 'cute' and would make a sad face when Erin would cry harder and apologize again and again. I even thanked her for being so useful and what she did was to give me a thumps up with a smile, attempting to encourage me.

Yep, very very useful. Ugh! It seemed like I had to handle this on my own, which was pretty difficult because I totally sucked at comforting. You could tell me to kill a vampire, even a dozen, you could tell me to fight or to do anything to harm these leeches but comforting....no, I never knew how it worked.

But I was trying my best; I had half-hugged Erin by loosely wrapping an arm around her and using my fingers to lightly stroke her back. This was enough, right? For me, it was something great because it's been some decades that I've physical contact with a human.