Chapter 35

I tried to seal my lips as they crunched up in pain as tears already were brimming my eyes but I still refused to shed them and to scream. "Aww, does the little human want to scream? Huh? Are you beginning to break?" Kaden's mocking voice asked me as my bare back was facing him. I had removed my shirt, and fortunately hid my silver knife into the bundle without him noticing anything. I was near it, just a meter away just in case of wanting to execute my plan.

But not now. I had to let him think that he was winning. I had to let him be satisfied. I spat blood onto the floor as I had bitten the inside of my cheek too hard till it bled and the metallic taste filled my mouth, repulsing me. Shackles bounded my hands and ankles, just like how Alexander did to me when he took me here to torture me. Except, this torture wasn't about reviving dark memories of being whipped. No, it was about being broken by using a metal rod to burn me on my bare back.

I already had three marks on my back, each of different shapes; one of a sphere, but also some letters. I didn't know what he was engraving on my skin but I just silently prayed in my head that he was nearly finished. I gulped, letting out a shaky and laboured breath. He had pushed my hair on the front, allowing him more access to my back as he would enjoy pressing the agonisingly flaming hot metal tip against my skin, creating burns into my flesh. I couldn't take it but I had to. Just for Emily and also for my dignity.

The fiery and fiercely hot burning metal would be encrusted inside my flesh and when Kaden would not hear me scream like he would be delighted to, he would press the metal harder against my skin, making my throat urge me to open my mouth in order to unseal my mouth to let out a loud, piercing scream but I wouldn't listen to it. I could do it, yes, I had to do it. I had to protect the dignity that I had left. I didn't want him to think that I was weak. I didn't want him to question my dignity like Alexander would always do.

I became alerted when Kaden let the metal rod fall into the flames to let it become hotter as his footsteps seemed to be approaching near him. I gritted my teeth, clenching my jaw as the unbearable pain was still lingering into the skin of my back as the warm blood oozed and rolled down my back. Just when I sensed that I could open my mouth to talk and not to scream, I replied Kaden's earlier question with a laboured breath after coughing out more blood, "In y-your dreams, s-stupid l-leech...."

I immediately closed my mouth as I sensed a sharp pain up my hand as it was scrunched under the boot of Kaden, who didn't seem to be happy by my answer. I stifled my cries into my throat, placing the back of my other hand onto my mouth as I looked away. His foot pressed harder onto my weak hand that was sandwiched in between his boot and the rocky ground that was dirty with my blood. "Ohh really now? You must be wanting more then, right? I like it how you haven't even screamed, little human." Kaden said in a voice that dripped with mockery.

After that, he finally took his boot off my hand, making me let out a shaky breath that was meant to be a sigh of relief. "But,...... if you didn't feel any pain, then-" he trailed with a fakely suspicious voice as he came in front of me with slow footsteps and knelt so that he was at my level. I didn't look at him but kept my face turned as I removed my hand from my mouth. His hand came up to my chin, his disgustingly cold fingers grasping it as he forcefully turned my face so that my sapphire eyes met with his cold green ones that reflected lust.

A sly and smug smirk painted his lips as he gazed down into my eyes in contentment. He then continued to say in a low voice that made me want to back away, "Then, why do you have unshed tears brimming your eyes? Do you wamt to cry? Huh? Are you feeling the pain of being broken? Are you beginning to fear me, little human?" I instantly flashed him a cold and predatory look, snatching my chin from his hand as both my dirty and bloody hands came up to tug at his white collar and yanked him nearer to my face.