Chapter 33

I licked my dry lips as I entered Alexander's room. I had just made Kaden challenge me and now, I didn't really have a plan. I mean, it would be night, with me and him alone in the dungeons. I would have to do whatever he wants just for the sake of Emily. But before that, I should make a plan if anything happens, which I'm one hundred percent sure it will be the case.

Kaden did say that he would return Emily to the pet shop but who would trust a blood sucker like him? Not even in a lifetime would I ever believe or trust a leech because whatever came out of their mouths were total lies. So, I had to find something; any information that I could use and make a plan quicker because the deal that I made was going to happen tomorrow night.

Even if I could get something with what to balckmail him would be very good. And I knew with whom I could get these information. Definitely not Isabella because she will ask me lots of questions but I could ask Alexander. I didn't know how to make him talk about Kaden but I was gonna try. I just hope that he doesn't get to know about the situation in what I'm in. It was my life after all; so my choices.

I closed the door behind me, plastering a confident look on my face. To be able to be successful in whatever I was going to do, I needed to act smooth in order for him not to doubt anything. I walked till his sleek black chair to see that he was looking at some papers. He looked quite confused while reading them. I did a little prayer into my head before placing myself into his lap, sitting sideways.

Alexander looked at me strangely, clearly questioning my action with his eyes as I just offered him an innocent grin and glided my palms onto his shoulders. I continued grinning at him as innocently as I could till he averted his eyes again onto the papers he was studying. I too looked at them and tried to read but it was too difficult for me as it had been a while since I had gone to school. Usually, it was my mom who was teaching me how to read and write.

Alright, now time to think how to extract some information from him. No, wait, if I think of anything, then he would be able to hear my thoughts and get what I was going to do. So, it was best that I try not to think of anything in his presence because then, my plan would flop. Damn, with this vampire lord that has a vampiric power to hear thoughts, it was hard to make a plan like I usually did.

Alexander cleared his throat, making me look at him as he asked, "Did you need something, pet?" He looked down at me with a blank expression as he placed the papers onto the desk and focused all his attention on me. I licked my dry lips; I had to now begin but without thinking of anything. Cool, simply cool. Mark my sarcasm. So, I had to blurt out anything that was on the tip of my tongue.

"How do you know that?" I asked suspiciously. Could he hear my thoughts when I was in the corridors? Or did that bloody Kaden told him by using telepathy?! No, he couldn't. He made a deal with me and I don't think that he would ever tell that to Alexander because we both knew that Alexander wouldn't let me even get out of the room when he wouldn't be here. The door would even be locked.

Alexander frowned, his eyebrows knitting as he said, "Kitten, I don't think that you would come and sit on my lap quietly without any purpose. I mean, a human like you would never want to sit on a blood sucker, right? So, I just assumed that you do want something. Now spill it because I have work to do." Ohh, okay then. I mean, he was right, who would like to sit on his lap? I mean, it was very uncomfortable but I had to..... it wasn't as if I wanted to.

I opened my mouth, about to say something but he cut me off by saying firmly, "First, I don't want to hear you blabbering about how I stole your candies and plushies and that you want them back and secondly, my answer is a no if you want me to buy you something. But I listened to your thoughts enough to know that it's about Kaden, so say it and don't beat around the bush." My mouth was still opened but I closed it.