Chapter 29 - Slowly Warming Up Or Not

What Kristina said, sent that stabbing pain all over my chest. The pain didn't go away though. I need to see Darla. So, I walked out of the dining room and down the corridor to see what she was up to after my denial. I took a deep breath before entering the bedroom. Darla was laying on the bed with a black blanket wrapped around her. She had her eyes closed so she was asleep. Of course vampires fucking sleep, Alexis. Don't act stupid. 

I was about to leave her alone, before I heard her say, "Stay with me." 

I got no choice, haven't I? I let out a small sigh before I walked over to the bed and pulled the wooden chair over. I didn't want to sit on the bed with her, even though I did it like, once or twice. But that doesn't mean that I love her. 

"Darla, have you felt that stabbing pain before?" I asked her in her sleepy state. I actually find her...no. Don't say it. I don't love her.

"Yes. Have you started to feel the same thing?" she turned the question around.

"Why am I feeling it?" I asked her, wanting to get a answer from her. A honest answer.

"It is because that we are destined to be. I realised that being a Queen is hard. Especially if she has a mate." she told me before I watched her eyes open. 

This is going to be something that I regret, but fuck it. I want this stabbing pain to stop. I got off the chair before moving my body onto the bed. I then laid on my side to see her let out a sigh of relief. "This doesn't mean anything, you know that?" I then asked her, "I am only doing it so that this pain stops." 

And it has. I watched Darla's lips curl into a smile before she moved to stroke my hair out of the way, revealing my neck. My heart beat started to increase as I watched Darla lean in. But, I didn't get bitten. She was kissing my neck and slowly down to my collar bone. 

I let her do whatever she wants to do before I felt her hand slip under my shirt which sent alarm bells in my head. "Stop. Please." I said to her before she did so. "Shit. Did it get too much for you?" she asked. "Yes." I told her before I went to get off from the bed but she grabbed onto my wrist, not letting go.

"Lay back down with me. I need your warm soft body..." she began to say before enough was enough. I started to reach for something to hit her with, but she quickly pulled me down, making me sit on her lap. She then let go of my wrist, which was throbbing from the amount of strength. "I know what you want to do to me, but I am afraid I can't let that happen." she said in my ear before she pulled off my t-shirt. What the actual fuck?!

Then, suddenly out of nowhere, Sloane came bursting in, holding a stake. "Let her go, you perverted bitch." she told her in a strong, angry tone before Darla snapped out of it and quickly released me. I put my t-shirt back on before I watched Darla raise her hands up in a calmed manner. 

"Sloane, put the stake down. Now." she told her before Sloane started to walk towards her. "GUARDS! GUARDS!!!" Darla yelled, before two female guards came in, grabbing the hold of Sloane instantly without hesitation. "Take her away to the dungeon." Darla then ordered them before she was dragged away, dropping the stake onto the ground. The stake was only made of some type of wood which I can't identify. But, Sloane was a vampire hunter? 

"Alexis, I am so deeply sorry from the bottom of my..."

"Save it, you fucking disgusting whore." 

I then ran out of the room and out of the castle. I was bare foot, but I didn't care. I needed to go back to my real home. The home were everything began. I can't believe that shit just happened. Sloane was a vampire hunter. She saved me. I was never defended before like that. I ran through forests and rivers before I finally saw it. It was used to be a large store, but it got abandoned a few years ago. 

I then started to lose the strength that I had before I collapsed just in front of the set of doors. "It is Alexis! Oh my god, she is alive!" I heard a voice shout from inside. 

"Hold on, Becky. She could be a vampire." 

"No she isn't! Look at her for yourself!" 

I watched the new leader walk towards the door, before she looked at me. 

"Yep. She is still human. Alright, let her in."