Chapter 10 - Mourning

It had just gone midnight. I could sense that the blood moon was coming to haunt me in my sleep. Elisa was asleep next to me, so I got a chance to head over to the graveyard to mourn my parents. I don't think she could have turned me so soon, but we will have to wait and see what my body does. I gave a small kiss on Elisa's cheek before I slowly got out of the bed and dressed myself in a black dress. I wore some black heels too, and here we go. 

I don't know why I am doing this. I am thinking positive that it will stop me from having nightmares about them being murdered in front of me. The graveyard was surprisingly only a mile away, so I walked out of the house and got a free taxi to it. I didn't need to pay.

I thanked the driver before I got out of the car and started to walk into the graveyard. I let out a small sigh as I saw the two graves up ahead. I think one of my family members saw the terrible scene and organised two funerals for them to be buried. I wasn't here to see it, sadly. I felt a shiver down my spine as I stopped at the two graves. I sat down in front of the graves and felt my eyes sting with tears. 

'Molly Heathings. A loving mother of two beautiful daughters. 2000 - 2054.'

'Carter Heathings. A loving father. 2000 - 2054.' 

I then looked back at my mother's grave again. Two daughters? That can't be right. I don't have a sister...

Then, I felt a hand touch my shoulder. This made me freeze on the spot. "Hello, sister." my sister spoke to me, making me feel like a statue. Oh my god. 

"What is your name?" I managed to ask her before she replied, "Kim." 

I then looked up to see her standing above me. Her eyes were glowing. Which means....which means she was a vampire. One of them.

"How come that I wasn't told about you?" I asked her before she came and sat down next to me. 

"We are actually twins, believe it or not. We were separated at birth because our parents said that I was a mistake." 

"Why are you a vampire?" I asked her, wanting to get it out of my head.

"My girlfriend turned me while I was asleep in a bath tub." She replied. So she has a girlfriend too? This is so weird...

Suddenly, I felt my teeth starting to badly ache for some reason. I quickly got up before I started to feel as if I was about to faint or something worse. I felt like I wanted to be sick. "Get Elisa..." I said to my sister before I collapsed. Then, I saw Elisa picking me up. She must have known. 

This strange side to me was being awakened...