Chapter 20 - One Big Happy Family...

"Don't worry, baby sis. We will find a perfect home someday." I told my growing-up sister. We were walking in a deep, beautiful forest which was slowly dying. I loved the sound of the crunching of the brown leaves. "When, big sis?" Grace asked me in her adorable little voice. "I don't know. But, when we find the perfect home, no matter how long it takes us, we will be safe." I replied to her before we heard a twig snap behind us...

My eyes snapped open, revealing the massive bedroom once again. That dream...it felt so real. I was having the most deepest sleep I ever had. Maybe I was put in a coma by someone, because it surely felt like it. There was one person on my mind. Grace. 

Just as I was about to get up and have a shower to try and get rid of the emotional feeling, the door opened. I quickly sat up when I saw it was Grace. "You're awake!" she cheered, now that was the Grace that I know! She has finally gone out of that stupid spell. She ran up to the bed before jumping onto it and wrapping her arms around me, pulling me into a deep much-needed hug. 

I couldn't help myself but to sob onto her shoulder. She was wearing a long sleeved Victorian dress which was a bit like her style now. Well, it wasn't that Victorian as it had some sparkle and her hair was tied up in a neat bun. 

"I am so sorry, Grace. For making you a vampire hunter." I apologised to her during my sobs. I felt her hand stroke my messy hair. I was still wearing that grey vest and jeans. 

"There is nothing to be sorry about, big sis. I should be saying sorry for letting Kim control me." she replied, her voice breaking a bit as she also started to cry. 

A few minutes of crying on each other's shoulders later, we had calmed down. We were still in an embrace. "Does Kim know that you are not under her horrible spell?" I asked her before Grace shook her head. 

"The bite marks have healed on your neck. That's good news." she said to me before I looked at the clock ticking on the wall. It had just gone half past 4 in the afternoon.

"How many days are there until the blood moon?" I asked Grace before she replied, "I got no idea." 

Well fuck. I passed out on Tuesday and the blood moon is on a Saturday...

"What day is it?" I asked Grace before she widened her eyes in realisation. "Oh my god, it is Saturday." she told me before we both turned to look at the door, luckily there was nobody there yet. 

"What do we do, sis?" she asked me in a panicked tone. "Hide?" I replied as a question before she shook her head. "We can't hide! They can sense our heart beats!" she told me before we heard some footsteps coming up the stairs. 

"Girls? Can you come into the dining room?" Kim called from the stairs, my heart rate then increased rapidly. Her voice sounded so kind. But I know it's a trick. Grace then pulled away from the embrace before she turned her body towards the door. I quickly grabbed her hand tightly as I could, "DON'T." I said to her in a strict tone before she turned to look at me. She had that sweet smile on her face.

"Why not? This is our chance to be a one big happy family." She asked me before she started to pull me up from the bed. She was dragging me with her. 

"She is going to turn you into one of them! A..." I began to say before a image of Rebecca popped into my mind. "A what?" Grace asked, stopping at the top of the stairs. 

"She is controlling me to not say the word that she doesn't like! Come on, Grace! Snap out of it!" I then yelled, trying to get some sense into her before she turned normal. 

"What just happened?" she asked me before I took her back into the bedroom. I grabbed the coffee table before jamming it against the door knob. I started to heavily pant before I looked at Grace. She was holding a pillow, she was acting like she was 4 years old again.