Chapter 7 - Breaking Point

I don't know what to feel towards her. She abused me out of nowhere. I did call her a lying snake, but I thought we had a connection. Apparently not. The sound of the machinery bleeping was driving me mad. I can't remember the last time I was wired up with it...

"How are you feeling?" Elisa asked, breaking the silence between us.

'How are you feeling?' What the hell? Really?

"I am a slave to this world, how do you think I feel?" I replied.

Elisa then was about to open her mouth to say something to me before a female doctor came in. She looked like she was in her 40s but her hair was dyed white. Was she a vampire too?

"Clarissa will have to stay here overnight." she said to us.

"What?" Elisa talked back, interrupting the doctor. I wish I didn't exist at this point.

"It turns out your mate needs to have a blood transfusion."

A blood transfusion? Not again.

Elisa let out a deep sigh. The doctor then left the room before closing the door to give us privacy. We then both looked at each other once again. Hold on, was Elisa crying? I could see water streaks on her cheeks.

"Yes, it's my fault." she spoke, her voice sounded so rough....

"Come back when I finished my treatment. Leave." I told her without hesitation. I wasn't myself anymore. I had enough of being a blood bag and a fucking dirty slave who had too many close calls. My blood was nearly drained more than once now. I have gone to my breaking point.

"No, please... Please, Clara. What can I do to make it up to you?" she asked me. She then got up from her seat as she started to talk towards me slowly.

"Leave." I told her before she carried on, "I can ask the council to make you a normal citizen. Please, anything. Don't throw me away."

"Go ahead. Try." I said to her.

Then, I watched her open the door and closed it after her with a slam.

The next day, I was asleep before I got woken up by a short red haired nurse who was unplugging the machines from me. The blood transfusion went well, so there is nothing to worry about now. I looked around the room to see where Elisa has gone, and she was laying on a couch, sleeping peacefully. It was like she was in some sort of zone. 

"You will need to eat something before you get to be discharged." the nurse told me softly before she gave a smile at me. I gave her a small smile back before I watched her leave the room with the machines. I looked to the side of me, seeing a pair of jeans and a turtle-neck grey top. I can't remember the last time I wore these. I loved wearing jeans as they suit my style. Goodbye dresses. 

I wonder how it went with Elisa and the council. I stood up from the hospital bed before I took off my gown that I was wearing. I didn't have a bra on, luckily we were in a private room together. 

"That is a nice sight to see in the early hours of the morning." I heard Elisa's voice speak, making me jump a little. She was watching me getting dressed. Nice. I let out a small sigh before noticing that something was different about me. The number disappeared from my body...

The bite marks had gone too, before I started to taste something like metal in my mouth. I knew what it was, Elisa gave me her blood so that I would heal instantly. I then started to feel the same tingly feeling I had before with Elisa. Ignore it, Clara. 

I then got dressed and saw a cup of tea with some fruit salad. Time to eat and get the hell out of here. 

// Chapter 8 will come very soon :)