Chapter 28 - Loss

"MUMMY! MUMMY!!" The poor little female continued to cry as I placed her on a wooden chair, but she just kept on getting off of it. Come on, Alexis. Think! 

I picked her up before I started to rub her back with my hand, trying to keep her quiet. But, it wasn't working. Where is Kristina?! Finally, a few seconds later, she rushed in with Lola. She looked terrified about what was happening and I don't blame her. This poor child might lose her mother! "Hand her over to us. We will look after her, if you want." Lola offered to me. 

Now Alexis, you can try and raise her or let the two love birds raise her. Me or them? I took a deep breath before handing her to them. It is hopefully for the best. "What is your name?" Kristina asked the child, who had stopped crying now. "S...Snow." she replied. 

Kristina shook her head at the child, "Not the season, silly. Do you have a name?" she asked her again softly before she repeated the same answer. Snow is her name? That is very special, to be honest. "Okay then, Snow. Let's go somewhere happier." Kristina told her before she looked at me. I didn't realise that I had tears in my eyes, wanting to drop onto the floor. "Thank you for doing this. I don't know why she doesn't like me." I told her before she gave me a small hug and left the room with Snow and Lola. 

A few hours later, it was lunch time. I was starving, but I didn't feel like eating. I was so worried about that poor mother. I haven't seen Darla yet, which is even more worrying. Why do I care for a disgraceful bitch? Suddenly, I saw her standing in the door frame. Her eyes had a tint of sadness in them. Oh no.

"A chef has mixed some blood with garlic juice. She was the victim." she told me, before she walked over to me. She then placed her hand on my shoulder. "I am sorry that you had to see that horrific scene." 

"Do you know who did it?" I asked her before she shook her head as a no. "There is 5 chefs in this castle. So I am going to call for a meeting with all of them." she replied before I couldn't help but to start crying. I don't even know the poor mother and this is what she gets? Snow is going to grow up knowing that her mother had been poisoned...

"Why have you not eaten? I can see that you have been starving for a while. Why did you not say anything?" I was suddenly asked by her. 

"When I was a vampire hunter, I was punished quite a lot for no reason. That is how life works, isn't it?" I said to her before Darla let out a small sigh. "Right. I will talk to you again after I sort this mess out." she told me before I watched her leave. 

A hour later, I was sitting outside in the coldness. I am used to being around temperatures like this, I hunted on my own for hours and hours without rest, before I came across Harriet and Kristina. I was offered to join them, so I said yes. What a mistake that was. I suddenly saw Darla in front of me, making me jump with a bit of fright. 

"What are you doing out here? Aren't you cold?" she asked me before I shook my head as a no. This made her raise her eyebrow a little in confusion. She then offered her hand to me. I let out a small growl at her. "I don't appreciate being growled at like that. Come on. I got something to tell you inside." she told me before she grabbed my hand and pulled me up instantly. She then started to pull me along with her. 

A few minutes later, we were in the living room. "The chef has been dealt with. I fired her and gave her half an hour to get her shit together. I was going to kill her but then I thought of..." she said before she paused.

"Thought of who?" I asked her. 

"Never mind. As I was saying, the chef has been fired and kicked out. Now, about you..." she said before she was sitting next to me. I felt her hand press against the side of my chest. "I am so stupid for feeding on you without knowing this..." she told me before I quickly stood up. 

"Knowing what?" I asked her before she lifted up my dress without my permission. What is going on? 

"Have you properly looked at yourself? Because this isn't good for your health." I was then asked before I covered my small breasts with my hands. I then ran out of the living room and down the corridor. I then burst into the bedroom before I finally looked at myself in the mirror. 

I was stood in shock. Did Harriet do this to me? I can see my fucking bones...

"S...she..." I tried to say before a memory flashed in my head.

"She made us lose our vampire! Don't feed her a damn thing!" "She will starve to death, Harriet! Are you stupid?!" "Kristina, a word. Now."

The memory then stopped. "Harriet wanted me to starve to death after I 'lost' a vampire..." I said out loud before I started to feel extremely tired again. My body was fighting this entire time and I didn't even realise it until now. 

"Some food is coming up to you now." Darla told me before I turned around to look at her, not caring if I was half naked.

"Catch me." I said to her before my world went black.

// Yep, you read it clearly.